...weighing in at 1.4oz, 3.2" tall, ...

gnu

Newly Enlightened
...introduced into my world on 05/05/10, a new Quark 123 R5 (along with a 10-pack of 123's). :rock:
My first observation, Holy brightness.
Second observation, Holy Sun Mr pocket rocket.

The low is perfect, the levels are perfectly spaced, and the Max is Blinding.
The 2 lowest levels are, green, and there's a bit of a pre-flash with the Moonlight mode, but that was to be expected. I've even asked non-addicts if they notice anything about the 2 lower modes, and they've consistently said, it's green. I was looking at the R2's but they, 4sevens, were all out of the 123's. Do they sell the R2 head separately?

I have also noticed that sometimes when switching between levels that it skips 1 or 2 at a time. I'm assuming that it was due to too much pressure on the switch?? I probably just need more torch touch time...

Also, being a nightly jogger (and by having the last light broken due to a jogging mishap) I am extremely pleased with the finger grip.

All in all I think it's a winner, as long as I can get past the green. Don't think that'll be too much of a problem, we'll see...

bodhran

Enlightened
Like many, my Quark has a slight green tint also on the lower modes. However....you don't know what green is until you've seen my older Olight M20...:laughing:

tolkaze

Enlightened
I have a mini AA with a particularly green tint. Its different to the ones on my mini 123 and aa2, but having said that, its really quite nice still. Better than blue (I equate too blue to being cheap, or broken :( )

fannin

Enlightened
all i ever hear about these quark xpg-r5's is their green tints

does anyone actually have one that isn't green?

tolkaze

Enlightened
That's just how xpg-r5's look i guess. its not like its monochromatic green or anything, but you can definitely tell it isn't blue, or pure white

fannin

Enlightened
That's just how xpg-r5's look i guess. its not like its monochromatic green or anything, but you can definitely tell it isn't blue, or pure white
my xpg-r5 javelin was what most would call pure white, it was slightly warm to my eyes: lovely tint, perfect. i have heard of a green javelin r5 but mine was pure white

my ld20 xpg-r4 is cool or almost pure white, not green at all

all i hear about 47's xpg's is green, green, green. my xpg's have not been green in any way

fannin

Enlightened
You have no tint shift on low? Wow, thats unheard of on a LD20.
not that i can discern, i haven't used it much yet (happy with my q5 version for edc duties) , i jut put some fresh batteries in and tried it again to be sure. obviously it's much lower on low but the xpg-r4 fenix ld20 is pretty much pure white throughout the modes to my eyes, just like my ld20 q5 is quite warm throughout all modes

no green, or i wouldn't still have either of them

gnu

Newly Enlightened

I knew it was going to be green before I ordered, I've read enough on here about them. I just didn't realize the magnitude of the green. I had it narrowed down to this Quark or a Fenix equivalent, PD20 or similiar. If I would have known that it was going to be this green I probably would have gone the Fenix route, I still may. Good news is that it's only got the green tint on the 2 lower modes. Other then that I'm impressed with the light.