What next...something bright to follow p20a2 and t20c2 mk2

jt7747

Newly Enlightened
So I'm wondering what the brightest offerings in the 'still quite compact' range are. I'm very happy with the t20c2 mk2 - with diffuser it makes for great cycling - any now that I've got a 18650 charger it would make sense to think about something seriously bright with decent throw. Something with a tighter beam perhaps than the t20c2.

I've got the near range covered with the two eagletacs, but I don't want anything too bulky or heavy. But I'd like to know what the current best offerings in the bright and long range throw department are?

Or is it just a case of different reflectors and whatnot? I don't know if it's possible to buy a 'more throwy' reflector for my t20c2 that could easily be changed with the existing head. Do other users swap their heads around often? IF you know what I mean!!!

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
Since you already have an 18650 charger, why not look at the Eagletac M2XC4? I have one and love it, and for the price it is one of the best bang for the buck lights out there. It has really good throw,and just enough spill.

Jack Reacher

Newly Enlightened
So I'm wondering what the brightest offerings in the 'still quite compact' range are. I'm very happy with the t20c2 mk2 - with diffuser it makes for great cycling [...]

Since you already have an 18650 charger, why not look at the Eagletac M2XC4? [...]

I'm not quite sure if you're intending to use this new light solely for cycling, but if that is the case, then you might have a problem mounting the M2XC4 to your bike (using something "off-the-shelf" like the Twofish CycleBlock) because of its unconventional, rounded-rectangular shape.

I only use an el-cheapo 5-LED headlight with an integral mount, on the local sealed bike paths.

— Just a thought, Jack. :)

strinq

Enlightened
The T20C2 MkII is already very bright for it's size.
Don't think there's any production light to date that is as bright as that.
If you want something brighter you've gotta get a bigger light like the above mentioned M2XC4, Fenix TK40 etc.
Also, the T20C2 is also a really good thrower already. Something that throws further in that size? You need aspherics to really tell the difference.

jt7747

Newly Enlightened
Thanks people. I suppose the truth is I don't really need anything brighter. Running both eagletacs on the bike with diffusers is great. I guess in future if something comes out with a small body tube (to fit in the lockblocks) but with a fat super bright head then that could be fantastic.

I don't know what the news on the latest and brightest LEDs is though, but let's hope some nice innovations filter down before too long!

recDNA

Flashaholic
I don't like the long, skinny form of lights like TK30 or Catapult so I'm axiously awaiting a M2X with SST-50....but if it doesn't throw as well as Catapult I may try the Catapult V2. I'm waiting for the review. I'm very curious about the output of the Catapult with 4 X CR123 primaries. I don't like leaving rechargeables in my car during the summer.