how many here are pushing 5w luxeons over 1amp ?

pushing your luck

• 1 amp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.25a

• 1.5amp

• 2+amps

• Total voters

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
and getting away with it?
current level and time you have been doing it without failure?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
By default, Mr Bulk's SNIIs are thumpin' over 1.5Amps, and have gotten away with it quite well...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
My Mag-6D is running @ 1.5A+
I've only replaced batteries once, because I whacked the light on a tree hard enough to short the first battery. (Why is this thing getting warm?)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've said it before, and i'll say it again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

don't joust with your mag, bob! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to run my 5W with 6AA (sometime 7AA) rechargeable battery and somehow I can get a variety of range, from 650 to 2 A. As soon as I got something above 1.5A, i immediately turn it off. So, i guess i ran my 5W at 2A only for a few seconds. But like most said, if you got a great heatsinking, 1.5A is still of no problem.

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
Roth, it was right after someone needed a hand with their MinMag AAA... the bulb was blown, and I sued the one in the tailcap to fix it. We got talking about that spare bulb, and why my 6D didn't have one... and I demonstrated that mine wouldn't break. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

If I do that again, I need to remember to whack it a bit higher- closer to the head so I don't ding another battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif