A good 18650 compatible light??

ToNIX

Enlightened
a single cell for EDC i want one that takes one batttery..

What's your budget? What kind of beam are you looking for (more throw, more flood)? What kind of interface (tactial? selector ring? multi-mode?)

Here are a few lights I can think of really quickly :
Fenix TK11/TK12, Jetbeam Jet-III M/RRT-2/, Eagletac T20C2 Mark II, Olight M20/M21, Malkoff MD2 with M61, 4sevens Quark with optional 18650 battery tube.

There are a lot more, other people will suggest more lights.

Last edited:
What's your budget? What kind of beam are you looking for (more throw, more flood)? What kind of interface (tactial? selector ring? multi-mode?)

Here are a few lights I can think of really quickly :
Fenix TK11/TK12, Jetbeam Jet-III M/RRT-2/, Eagletac T20C2 Mark II, Olight M20/M21, Malkoff MD2 with M61, 4sevens Quark with optional 18650 battery tube.

There are a lot more, other people will suggest more lights.

i guess id be willing to pay around 50$ give or take some. I have a quark aa and am impressed with it. I do want one with EXCELLENT throw though.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you EDC a light? I don't consider any 18650 an EDC light - too big. My EDC is a Quark 123. The reason I ask is that you want a light with great throw and those all have big heads which make them even bigger (and even less of an EDC). Deerlight DBS, Tiablo A10-G, Jetbeam RRT-1, Solar Force Masterpiece are all single 18650 with amazing throw but I would not consider any an EDC light. Look at my avatar picture. My Quark 123 EDC on the far left and Jetbram RRT-1 on the right - big size difference.

Last edited:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for a Solarforce L2 with whatever dropin you prefer ... My preference is a three mode dropin with only the high , medium and low modes ... I don't like the SOS and strobe modes ... I have one with the three mode , one with the five mode and one that is single mode ... I have just sent for another three mode drop-in to replace the five mode ... My Wife prefers the single mode for round the house as there is no complicated button pushes , just an ON and an OFF ... I took off the crenelated bezel on my Dog-walking torch and put the small flush-fitting one on , as it is kinder to the pockets.

My Solarforce L2 with the flush bezel and 18650 battery in , weighs only 157.5 grams ... It is 133mm long plus the button and is 25mm wide with the head diameter of 32mm ... I get two and a half hours continuous (high) on a fully charged 18650 battery ... The O-rings are a great fit and the torch is certainly water resistant and has been very wet many times ... We get a lot of rain in Wales ... None of the rain has managed to get past the O-rings yet.

I would still class this as easily carried in a jacket pocket.

The price is so good that you could buy two ... One for each pocket.

Noctis

Enlightened
How do you EDC a light? I don't consider any 18650 an EDC light - too big. My EDC is a Quark 123. The reason I ask is that you want a light with great throw and those all have big heads which make them even bigger (and even less of an EDC). Deerlight DBS, Tiablo A10-G, Jetbeam RRT-1, Solar Force Masterpiece are all single 18650 with amazing throw but I would not consider any an EDC light. Look at my avatar picture. My Quark 123 EDC on the far left and Jetbram RRT-1 on the right - big size difference.
I EDC my Surefire 6P bored for 18650 just fine.

I'm even thinking about trying it with an FM 1x26650 D26 host. So long as it fits in my pocket without bulging out too much or making it impossible to grab the other things in my pocket(wallet, iPod), I figure it's good enough.