HELP Mag D thrower 4x18650

olav

Newly Enlightened
I would appreciate all advices concerning my problem:candle:.

The light should be a LED thrower with Mag host and 4x18650. I allready have Wichtels triple with proper amount of flood so now it´s time for a thrower. I would rather like it without aspheric lens, but there´s a DX aspheric lens available, if needed. To make some challenge there´s also a Fivemegas deep P7 reflector available.

So PLEASE give me some hints concerning leds, drivers and reflectors to achieve the goal. I even tried Wichtels triple with one 23mm aspheric, so that there would be some flood + bit of throw also. But I didn´t like the P7 aspheric "window".

Mettee

Enlightened
I will second using that rebel reflector. Its does a very good job. And I am sure either the SST-50 or 90 would rock in that reflector.

So this light is going to be 4x18650 and is going to power 1 LED?

olav

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your suggestions!

With cree leds the flashlight could be in triple or quad construction if there would be some beamish reflector.

SST50 & 90 are both very tempting solutions!! But I must say that I´m bit sceptic when it comes to heat and battery handling. Of course this is due to lack of my knowledge in the field of flashlights and partly because I´m used to handle only 18650 blue Trustfires.

I use flashlights daily and a lot so they should be easy to handle and with some runtime (over 1hr). Hopefully this situation is not too challenging
:sweat:?

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is something I build a while ago

DSC01384.jpg

I used a DBS reflector in a Mag 1C, the emitter is a XRE R2 @ 1A
Even by todays standards, it is still a decent tnrower.

olav

Newly Enlightened
This is something I build a while ago

DSC01384.jpg

I used a DBS reflector in a Mag 1C, the emitter is a XRE R2 @ 1A
Even by todays standards, it is still a decent tnrower.

Thank you ! Looks really nice !
What kind of heatsink sollution you have the I suppose the reclector is quite deep?
MWClint has done quite similar Mag C with cree Q5 at 1.5A how would you compare it to your sollution, I mean the throw? Would it be similar to Tiablo versions. Would there be any possibilities to use with aspheric lens?

Sorry, many questions, but that version of yours looks very tempting :thumbsup:. Another possibility may be triple or quad version?