I slightly modified my Arc LS . . . .*Pics Added*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a LD Arc LS that, for some reason, had no thread lock on the screws for the optic. Anyway, I just did a rather simple mod to it. I replaced the LD with a HD Q2 and replaced the NX-05 optic with an NX-01 optic. The beam is a wider pattern, which is good for indoor use. There is a bit of yellowish green on the outer part of the beam, but it still looks good. Different than the more blue hues I'm use to. I like it that way, actually!

What I like best about this optic is the way it gives a concave look and feel to the 'business end' of the flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'm running it with a 123 twisty and the color match between the two are almost perfect! A great amount of light from a very small package! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I slightly modified my Arc LS . . . . . . just FYI

Will try to get pictures of this mod posted by early next week. *crossing fingers*

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

very nice!

i like the nx01's also. and a hd is certainly the way to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

well, IMHO, HD is best paired with NX05, because together they will certainly produce a lot tighter beam than NX01 with HD. NX01 is best with LD. but, that is MHO only. it all depend on people's preferance.

But like roth's said, I like HD too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

I took a picture of this mod, and hopefully they will turn out, and I'll post them here tomorrow.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pictures should be ready for posting today [after a few technical difficulties] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's the image of the Arc LS that I moddified. It has a Q2J LED and I replaced the optic with an NX-01.

fb61ce97.jpg

Beamshots next to a 6C 5W with 30mm optic [which is the one on the right], that uses a U4U LED.

fb61ce9b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.