I dinged my L4

grnamin

Enlightened
Dropped not once, but twice from just above waist height, both times onto a marble floor accidentally. Nicked the HA on the bezel rim. The light still works fine. Anyone else dropped their L4?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
You dropped a $140 flashlight twice???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

ChrisA

Enlightened
Your signature line says it all... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif Maybe your should use a tether next time.

Chris

grnamin

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
You dropped a $140 flashlight twice???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't learn my lesson the first time. I placed it on a counter top and it rolled off. The next day, I did the same thing. Placed it on the counter and it rolled off again. Some here may not like an angular bezel, but it would keep the light from rolling the way it does.

grnamin

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisA said:
Your signature line says it all... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif Maybe your should use a tether next time.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, good idea. I'll be sure to dummy cord it when I go camping next week.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I haven't dropped any of them yet, however as we speak, I have 6-L4's swimming in my tub. Four of them are in the standard configuration, one is attached to an E1 body and the other is attached to an E1E body. They are burning brightly and I've actived the switches at least 50-times on each one. So far, so good.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
At least they aren't swimming in the toliet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Mine's missing a gasket in the head, but the tail end is alright, even when the switch is clicked. So if it falls tailfirst in mud, snow, or slush and sticks there, it'll be alright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cones

Enlightened
I emailed Surefire and they sent me the two missing gaskets for me to fit. It's now water tight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Mark

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I don't have the tools to open my KL4 head, so the gaskets wouldn't do me any good. I'll just keep my KL4 out of sinks, toliets, and tubs; and it ought to be alright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've dropped my L4 a few times. There is ONE small nick on the tailcap.

Anyway, i don't mind dropping this light. If some of you remember my picture of my old E2, you know how much abuse these Surefires can take. I spent 140 dollars on a light to perform, not to look pretty.

Since the L4 is using an LED rather than a standard bulb, i have even MORE confidence that the L4 will be even tougher than the regular E-series. Also, this is the second light that i've owned that is coates with HAIII. So far these lights have resisted many scratches and falls.

RY3

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LEDagent said:
I spent 140 dollars on a light to perform, not to look pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want her to perform AND look pretty!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
One of the first things I did when I got the A2 for evaluation was accidently drop it. SureFires are intended to be used - therefore "character marks" are normal and to me show that it's a tool that gets used.

Al

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My deepest sympathies. I hope that I never drop mine, except maybe soft grass or similar.

As to rolling: the clip is what prevents a continuous roll.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Craig, If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to put an O-Ring on your KL4 at no charge. If you're interested, PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]
PM's on the way Ray, thank you!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif