Olight will not come on after charging batteries

shankster

Newly Enlightened
Newb here...I have an Olight M20 and M30 with 4 Tenergy 18650 3.7v batteries that I swap and charge. After charging the batteries my lights will not come on. I have had this issue before and I kept swapping the batteries and all of a sudden the light started working. Am I missing something here ? I took the 2 18650 batteries from the M30to charge them (not dead) and put one in the M20 and it will not come on. I know the battery is good because it was working in the M30. I am confused. Thank you guys in advance for any advice/help !

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the retaining ring inside the head is loose. I've had that issue as well. I can't remember what side of the head the retaining ring is. Take the head off. Look to see if there's a thick retaining ring with two notches in it. If not, then it's on the other side. In that case, unscrew the bezel off and then unscrew the reflector. You'll have to improvise something to use as a tool to go into those notches so that you can torque down the ring. I used a wire coat hanger.

Hope this helps.

shankster

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your response. Yesterday after playing with screwing on the caps that lights finally came on. I will try your suggestion.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also shankster if you don't have a multimeter get one so you can always check the voltage of your battery's. It's safer not to mix bad battery's with good one's and can help rule out a bad battery in a troubled light quickly.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the retaining ring inside the head is loose. I've had that issue as well. I can't remember what side of the head the retaining ring is. Take the head off. Look to see if there's a thick retaining ring with two notches in it. If not, then it's on the other side. In that case, unscrew the bezel off and then unscrew the reflector. You'll have to improvise something to use as a tool to go into those notches so that you can torque down the ring. I used a wire coat hanger.

Hope this helps.

I took a look at mine and the that retaining ring is on the led side. So you'll have to untwist the top part of the head, unscrew the reflector and you'll see the retaining ring and the ring has 4 notches. Not 2.