Quark aa2 Neutral White Tactical Pics

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Just some quick iPhone pics, Quick and Dirty, of the new Quark aa2 NW on 2 Enloops:

Medium "22 lumens, 50ma"
IMG_0158.jpg

Max "206 lumens, 700ma
IMG_0162.jpg

jleejj

Newly Enlightened
I also just received my Quark AA Tactical neutral (which I selected after lots of reading here -- Thanks!). The tailcap seems a little glitchy on mine. Does anybody else have this issue?

Specifically, it will turn on during the momentary press, but sometimes it will turn off after the click actually occurs. The bezel control also seems kind of sensitive (and a lot harder to turn than I expected). I'm going to give it some time to see if it smooths out (10 year warranty and all), but I'm surprised that I haven't seen any other complains about the Quark tacticals.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also just received my Quark AA Tactical neutral (which I selected after lots of reading here -- Thanks!). The tailcap seems a little glitchy on mine. Does anybody else have this issue?

Specifically, it will turn on during the momentary press, but sometimes it will turn off after the click actually occurs. The bezel control also seems kind of sensitive (and a lot harder to turn than I expected). I'm going to give it some time to see if it smooths out (10 year warranty and all), but I'm surprised that I haven't seen any other complains about the Quark tacticals.

Search on the quark tailcap, there's some stuff you can do. Sometimes they wind up a bit looser and the contact isn't quite right. If the bezel is hard to turn, you should be lubricating the light - superlube from Radio Shack, just a little bit. High performance lights take a bit of maintenance every once in a while - I abuse my Quark regularly and re-lube threads and O-rings about every 6 months because coal dust is unforgiving.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Search on the quark tailcap, there's some stuff you can do. Sometimes they wind up a bit looser and the contact isn't quite right. If the bezel is hard to turn, you should be lubricating the light - superlube from Radio Shack, just a little bit. High performance lights take a bit of maintenance every once in a while - I abuse my Quark regularly and re-lube threads and O-rings about every 6 months because coal dust is unforgiving.

Does the superlube from Radio Shack only work for threads or it also works for o-rings as well? Thanks.

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
I have the AAx2 Tactical and the switch was a little finicky at first, but I figure the lubricant was heavily applied and interfered with the action. After a week of break-in use, it improved and works fine now. I've been considering getting a NW as well as a second light.
:thumbsup: