Mag 2c Mod. = Dumb Newbe

Likebright

Enlightened
A couple of months ago I got into CPF after buying my Arc LSs
and have been fascinated ever since. I want to soup up my Mag lights but don't know how.
I have gone to this the Mod forum in hopes of finding where I could get info on modifying my Mag 2c to a three 123 lithium with a 5w LCD in it as I had read about. But I feel like I came to the game long after the anthem had played.
Where can one get info on modifying his light?
Where can one get parts or an assembled insurt to modify his light?
Where does one get started?

Thanks, Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
You could do it yourself, but it is basically a Mr.Bulk Space Needle II. Send him your mag (and a small fee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), and he'll make sure you get something you like. Here's my review:

Space Needle II Review

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to do it yourself, I'd recommend checking out the Hotlips "C" thread by Hotbeam for LED bases. Then go shopping at Elektrolumens website for the LED. There are also a few threads in this forum about how and what to solder. It is pretty easy if you have even basic skills. If you have any interest in learning how to do it yourself and the satisfaction that comes from your accomplishments, I would recommend this. There's nothing better than lighting up with something you made yourself. Having said that, I own Lambda-made Illuminator 2AA and I use it more than any light I've made myself.

My recommendation is to just get your hands dirty. Start with a cheap 5W so you won't be too worried about screwing it up.

Also, do a search, or just flip back a half dozen forum pages. You'll likely find what you need.

And welcome to CPF!

Wilkey