Host for Battery Junction P60-UV-BULB (Cree UV P60 LED drop-in)

M.Biyce

Newly Enlightened
I cannot get the BatteryJunction P60-UV-BULB to fit normally in anything I've tried so far. I want a nice fit so that the O-rings function and the whole unit is waterproof as it is meant to be. The problem I've had is that with or without the external spring on the module, the flashlight won't close completely at the top where the LED module and bezel screw on. It won't screw all the way down.

I was leaning towards Surefire, but am ok with other companies. I was hoping to spend as little as possible on the host as I can, and am willing to modify it if I know what modification it needs. I have a full shop of power tools at my disposal.

Any help is appreciated. Let me know what's worked for you and if you had to modify something, tell me please what you did.

Thanks! :)

I just want to ultimately have a quality UV flashlight.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
first check to see how much the NON-cylindrical section, of thereflector is raised above the flashlight body socket...

Then check the brass pill height...some are taller than the others...Happen with my Derrelight 3Sm too in evry host

this has been an issue for some time but is no importance....as soon as the head passes above the o-ring you are good..if you want to feel abit sure place a 2-3mm thick o-ring in the gap

Sparkss

Newly Enlightened
What host have you tried so far ?

Also, can you tell what LED is in that dropin ? I called Battery Junction but they couldn't tell me (or what it is being driven at) and wouldn't give me any other information. Basically confirmed that if I wanted to know parts information that I needed to buy one myself to find out. It is almost cheap enough for me to do that, but it rankles me to get such poor customer service like that.