• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler - Adapter for SF E tail to Z-62 tail threads (for 2-stage L1, L2, A2 tailcap)

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Please post your interest here for adapters that would convert a Surefire E-series tail to a Z-62 tail thread. This would allow you to use a two stage Z-62 tailcap (as from an A2, L1, L2) on any E-series body. :hitit:

The adapter would seal against the O-ring already present on the E tail and would extend a little over the body to allow the tailcap to tighten down to the proper position for electrical contact. The outside of the adapter would have an O-ring to seal against the inside of the tail cap as usual.

This is not meant to be a money maker, but to fill a vacancy in the Lego world. With the rarity of McE2s tailcaps, this adapter would allow you to convert an L4 into a 2-stage light with the UI of an L1 but potentially in a shorter package using a single cell E-series body. The beauty of the Lego system is that you could switch over to a 2-cell body for a different form factor and more run time.

I do not know a price at this time, but based upon the simplicity of the item, they should not be very much. Price will also depend of course upon the amount of interest. Approximately 50 pieces would be required to justify a run. Please post the number of adapters that you would like.

I have already identified a person that could have them designed and manufactured given sufficient interest, but others would be welcome to take that role if desired.

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler - Adapter bushing for SF E tail to C tail

Unfortunately, the A2, L1, L2, LX2, etc tails aren't threaded for C-series bodies. I haven't kept up with all the 2010 releases, but prior to this year the only factory Surefire 2-stage tail that was threaded for C-series was the Kroma.

Edit: That said, I'd still be interested in a E-body to C-tail adapter, since it does fill a vacancy. Maybe I'll finally be able to find a tailcap that looks good on a Pineapple.

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler - Adapter bushing for SF E tail to C tail

Here's something interesting: if we're going to have E2C tailswitch adapters made (which IMHO would be a nice piece to have available), we might as well also make E2L1 adapters... they'd be nearly the same, only the outer threading would change.

flip

Enlightened
Re: Feeler - Adapter bushing for SF E tail to Z-62 tail threads

I am interested in 1 or probably 2. May I reserve my firm "yes I will take 1" until we get a ballpark price?

Last edited: