• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *FOUND* CUSTOM IRIS from DELGHI

gonzo124

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

i search a Custom Iris from Delghi in Alu with EDC UI.:whistle:

Thanks for looking

Greetings from Germany

Fritz

Last edited:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: CUSTOM IRIS from DELGHI

It seems Iris is going to be another "Hard to get one", just like some of Ku's stuff, whether Al or Ti.

Good luck with your search.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened

Dunno if you are still looking for one, but they have orange and black ones on lighthound.. I ordered one last night. Very surprised to see them there!

Genna

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Fritz,

perhaps I can help you!

Email sent

Regards
Genna

Last edited:

gonzo124

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTB: CUSTOM IRIS from DELGHI * FOUND*

Hi all,

thank you for your help.

I got one in Alu, satin finish.

Very great Light.

I be proud to get one.

When you have a choice, buy one.

Delghi makes excellent Custom Lights.

Thanks a lot.

Greetings from Germany

lovecpf

Last edited:

Genna

Flashlight Enthusiast
He has written Alu bar in the post over you.

Who can read is in the advantage :D

I´m excited too to get mine in Al polish and satined Ti

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
He has written Alu bar in the post over you.

Who can read is in the advantage :D

I´m excited too to get mine in Al polish and satined Ti

I agree, reading is advantageous and I can read just fine! I was assuming he ordered from lighthound and they are both machined from 7075-T6 premium aerospace aluminum bars. But the only colors available there are black and orange. Thats why I asked HIM!

His post doesnt say "polished Alu Bar" If thats what he meant then obviously he got it from somewhere other than lighthound, in which case I was confirming if he meant polished alu bar.

It was just a friendly question TO HIM, I don't know why some people have to react with an insult all the time! Angry people around here! :crazy:

donn_

Flashaholic
Lighten up, Captain. I've communicated with Genna a great deal, and he's far from angry. Also keep in mind he's dealing with our language, which probably isn't his native language.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Ha! Im plenty light!

Again just a friendly question to a guy about his new torch met with an insult insinuating that I cannot read.

I responded plenty kindly without any sort of return insult at all!

gonzo124, enjoy your new torch!

Cheers!

back to the LED forum I go!

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, no insults but misunderstandings here.

First of all, "I got one in Alu bar" doesn´t make any sense :) He probably meant to write "I got one in bare alu(minum)". Over here in germany aluminum almost exclusively is refered to as alu. The rest seems to be "babelfish" like translated. And Genna´s "Who can read is in the advantage" is just an annoying saying lots of germans use (unfortunatelly) which probably doesn´t translate into english. Although it is meant to point someone to something that got read over (which in this case wasn´t clear at all), it´s not meant as an insult.

It just happens a lot that people build a sentence (and/or using a proverb) using their mother tongue and translating it the very same way (word for word) while not using/knowing the syntax and grammar necessary for the proper use of the foreign language.

donn just got it right I guess.

Eric

gonzo124

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

sorry for my mistake with bare Alu. :thinking:

I mean, ALUMINIUM SATINED.

Davide was so nice and make one for me.

For Lighthound he makes 10 in Orange and 10 in Black.

The Ui is very great, Runtime too.

I enjoy the Light every Day.

Greetings from Germany

Fritz

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, you were very lucky to get one made! I didn't dare to try, as he says explicit on his website, that further purchases go over Lighthound... :candle:

If you live in Europe, you have to be a geek to buy a european made light in USA, it doesn't get cheaper by travelling twice and changing currency twice as well. Yeah, I'm worse than a geek, I'm a freak!!! :devil:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
But than again freakish behaviour is almost a must at CPF :) I´ve visited the lighthound pages quite a lot since I recognized the orange iris there. Still on the fence....

Eric

Genna

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Capt. Spalding,

I am sorry, I did not want to insult you! It is not my way to insult a stranger so or even to judge. Has your avatar seen and I thought that you would understand fun. However, I did not think of the factor misunderstanding. My mother tongue is Italian and lives in Germany for 25 years and also masters this language well. My English is I can lousily, there read and understand it better and less speak. Therefore I can speak only translation English seen so. I apologize to you again and will hold back a little until I also have a little learned this language.

Thank you for your support at everyone

Regards
Genna

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Hi Genna, apology accepted! I apologize as well.

We are all here to have a good time! Time for a group hug!

:grouphug:

PS my Iris arrived from lighthound today. It is a beautiful torch! Fit and finish is amazing. Orange is very nice on this light. I would love to see pics of your Satined aluminum!

lovecpf

cuttingedge

Newly Enlightened
PS my Iris arrived from lighthound today. It is a beautiful torch! Fit and finish is amazing. Orange is very nice on this light. I would love to see pics of your Satined aluminum!
lovecpf
Have you had a chance to check out the beam? I would like to hear what you think of it.
I also bought one this weekend but sending payment via money order so I won't get it for a short time.:broke:
Congratulations on picking up a great light.

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
lovecpf
Have you had a chance to check out the beam? I would like to hear what you think of it.
I also bought one this weekend but sending payment via money order so I won't get it for a short time.:broke:
Congratulations on picking up a great light.

Well, its not dark here yet but just shining on a white wall shows a beautiful fairly smooth beam. Nice transition from hotspot to corona with no rings.

Probably shouldnt take this thread WAY off topic, but here is a pic on a white wall that seem to be fairly accurate. (my camera is not the best) The color to my eye is a very nice pretty much pure white.

web.jpg

If I understand correctly, the original run of these from Delghi had serial numbers somewhere on them. Unfortunately this run from lighthound do not have serial numbers... It does smell edible however!:party: