Last flashlight, what to get...

Ian2381

Enlightened
My credit card attached to my Paypal account will End by October 2010 and I'm not planning to renew it and might be the end of my Flashlight purchases.:candle:

If you are in my situation, what will you get for a final light?

ODatsBright

Newly Enlightened
The only suitable answer....

...whats the limit on the card? :grin2:

I guess it depends on what you have already and what you "need" to fill a vacant spot.

I'm looking at a TK45 or a Legion II SST-50 myself.

scout24

Flashaholic
What HSG or ninemm said... either pick your favorite flavor off BST, or a Haiku XP-G from Don himself. No way on earth to go wrong with McGizmo Ti... :grin2: And maybe a second for backup...;)

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
Something from HDS Systems!
woot.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
A question re your card. Is it a straight CC card, or a bank debit/cc card. I only use my bank card for paypal, so just use available bank funds for buys.

Bill

Last light would be Alkaline AA/ NiMh AA/Lithium AA/CR123/RCR123/ and other Li-Ion compatible. Did I leave something out?

Bill

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Find a light that appeals to you, it may not be the brightest in the collection, or founds upon a hundred good reviews. It may not be the most expensive light within your reach, but its certainly the light you would want to reach when you need it most. Find the light that reflects your smile as you smile upon it, a light that trusts your care as you would trust its reliability. Find the light you like, not what others like, and you will be merry...long after the next LED came out or the next model in the series. Find the creation in which you can stand on the highest summit and let the world know:
"This is my flashlight! There are many like it, but this one is mine!"

I found my flashlight, it may not be brighter than my friends, it may not be longer lasting than others, but it has been with me through hardships. With it brought me courage, having it brought me strength. It's like a good friend. Time will pass and many lights will come between us, but I can always find it in the crowd of lights, and know it is the one for me.

I found my flashlight, it will be the last flashlight I'll ever buy. I may try out others, but I know in the end it will be there, waiting for me. Ian, I hope in your journey you will find what you are looking for. Many have spent years looking. I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference:)

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
At the rate that flashlights are improving , I say get a nice budget light and spend the rest on a nice night out with your friends .

Wait a year or two , and then when you feel the need for a flashlight , you can buy one with twice the output at half the price as you can right now.

I know this is contrary to the general philosophy around here , but it's probably the truth.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd vote for an HID spotlight so that you'll never look at a flashlight in quite the same way again.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ian this is a sad thread it sounds as though your done with flashlight collecting, are you serious?

What to buy last depends on many things but because you ask I would say out of all the light's I have acquired this past year the HDS 170T clicky was the best and is my best EDC light.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Find a light that appeals to you, it may not be the brightest in the collection, or founds upon a hundred good reviews. It may not be the most expensive light within your reach, but its certainly the light you would want to reach when you need it most. Find the light that reflects your smile as you smile upon it, a light that trusts your care as you would trust its reliability. Find the light you like, not what others like, and you will be merry...long after the next LED came out or the next model in the series. Find the creation in which you can stand on the highest summit and let the world know:
"This is my flashlight! There are many like it, but this one is mine!"

I found my flashlight, it may not be brighter than my friends, it may not be longer lasting than others, but it has been with me through hardships. With it brought me courage, having it brought me strength. It's like a good friend. Time will pass and many lights will come between us, but I can always find it in the crowd of lights, and know it is the one for me.

I found my flashlight, it will be the last flashlight I'll ever buy. I may try out others, but I know in the end it will be there, waiting for me. Ian, I hope in your journey you will find what you are looking for. Many have spent years looking. I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference:)

Wow, am I glad I checked the thread once more before hitting "Submit Reply"... I wrote the exact same thing - and toiled away for hours. That would have been embarrassing!

Seriously, excellent response Illum :thumbsup:

carrot

Flashaholic
Ian this is a sad thread it sounds as though your done with flashlight collecting, are you serious?

What to buy last depends on many things but because you ask I would say out of all the light's I have acquired this past year the HDS 170T clicky was the best and is my best EDC light.
No flashaholic can stay away forever...

don.gwapo

Enlightened
No flashaholic can stay away forever...

He's right. There's alway's a new light on the market everytime. Even your not renewing your card, you cannot hold yourself getting a new light in the future. But if that will be the case, suggest why not get the new olight SR91. It will give you brightness before your flashlight collecting go dark. lovecpf.

entoptics

Enlightened
Max out your card on Quark AA, iTP AA2, and iTP AA3

You can slowly dole out flashahaulicalismness to everyone you care about who needs a good light to "see the light".