General house/emergency light

pulstar

Enlightened
Thread titled "House light" got me thinking about my illumination of these needs. I own Magcharger, equipped with TLE-300MR-EX, 3500 mah battery pack and UCL lens. I get decent runtime(1,5 hours) on high. It throws fairly well, it has white tint with enormous hotspot. But it has one major drawback-since it's powered from dedicated battery pack, longer power outage means no light after a few hours so it's not very suitable as emergency light. But my dad loves it because it throws far, it's big enough to give him feeling of safety and because it's a Maglite:whistle::naughty:.
Is there something out there, that preferably accept RCR/CR123 batteries, has around 150 meters effective range and around one hour runtime on high? I'm looking for something that's noticeably bighter than my LX2, size isn't all that important since it would be used in case of emergencies, checking strange noises in the bushes, spotting wild animals in the field behind our house and similar. I would really like to purchase a light that is made in US or EU.

I'm looking for something brighter than my LX2:

minilx22.jpg

and around my Magcharger below: It needs to throw atleast as far as my Mag. Overall output isn't all that important.
miniterralux2.jpg

Being here, how much would my mag configuration be worth? I have two years old Magcharger, TLE 300MR- EX on it, two battery packs (original and batteryjunction's 3500mah) UCL lens and all original acessories(charger, wall mounts, car cord, belt "ring",...)

Thanks for your help and answers. My purchase budget should be around 250 $... And apologize for my bad english

Last edited:

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Lately I've been bitten by the Malkoff M61 bug.

It seems like his M61L (175 lumens for about 5 hours) would be more than adequate for your needs. You could even run this in an all Nitrolon G2 as your host.

I too have a stick charged flashlight (Streamlight SL-20X) that works but it's so far beyond useful that I practically want to give it away.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are lights made in Germany and one of our modders here makes his lights in Italy.

That being said, I don't have the answer to your question however I found that my G2 with a Malkoff M61LL is excellent as an emergency light. 100 lumens for 10 hours.

see my thread

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
tle 300 can take upto 18v, 6v is the min, iirc, i ran mine on 12 eneloops with no problems, so you can remove your battery stick, and use pretty much any cells, you can fit. 4-5 cr123, 2 18650\26650\26500, you can use 6aa adapter, either from five mega or modcod, it will be a bit shorter, than 2,5d lenth of the stock battery, but some spacer should fix the problem, stack of coins for example. fill it with nimh, or lithiums, even alkaline AA will work, alks might not give you full power, but mid or low will be ok.

Last edited:

pulstar

Enlightened
Hum, nice idea. You think that 3D to 9AA should work since the mag's tailcap spring is so long? I came across the noew malkoff, hound dog. Looks really nice, but i don't i'll be able to snipe one since they're gone in the matter of minuteslovecpf Any other recommendations?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hum, nice idea. You think that 3D to 9AA should work since the mag's tailcap spring is so long? I came across the noew malkoff, hound dog. Looks really nice, but i don't i'll be able to snipe one since they're gone in the matter of minuteslovecpf Any other recommendations?
not sure but it might fit, your light i really 2,5d.
as for other light, there are thousands of them out there, from cheap dx, to super expensive lights,
i'm not into off the shelf lights, i,m into modding, can't really tell you which one to buy, but i can tell you how to build one, lol.

you already have the light that can use wide range of batteries, bright and thowy.

pulstar

Enlightened
Does anyone know how much would my Magcharger combo still be worth? I might sell it to fund part of the price of the new Malkoff Hound Dog i want...:whistle: