Show me your pocket-carried Muyshondt Aeon

fyrstormer

Banned
Specifically I'm interested in how the HA-Natural finish holds up to pocket carry, but pictures of the HA-Black finish will not be jeered. :D As for titanium, well, I already know that will last forever. ;)

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have carried this light just about every day since I got it. It's been at least a year, maybe more. In the same pocket as keys, and often a mini multi-tool. It has NOT been babied. The ano looks just about perfect. Tiniest little pinpricks perhaps. I would rate the ano as 99%.

I can not express how pleased I am with how it has held up. Compares favorably to an Arc-AAA that has been on the keyring for about 2-3 years. Of course, the arc is getting slammed into the keys CONSTANTLY. The Aeon at least gets a LITTLE protection when it can in that weird sub-pocket in dress pants. Funny, that has alwyas just been a flashlight pocket for me...what is that pocket for, change?

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/JMKlaw/?action=view&current=cf7edba7.jpg

EDIT: I can't see photobucket at work, so I had to do that on the mobile...can anyone see the pic?

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
I've seen that before. It's an impressive demonstration, though it's biased towards the Aeon because the wear is spread across the Aeon's surface whereas it's focused on a single spot on the Maglite. As impressive as the demonstration is, I'm curious about the effects of somewhat more realistic wear-and-tear -- specifically, in a pocket full of brass and steel.

Thanks for the picture, smokelaw. The Arc AAA is actually my benchmark for anodizing durability too, because I carried one for years and dropped it on concrete and stepped on it while trying to pick it up (more than once), and I can't recall it ever showing a single scratch, though it did dent in a couple of places.

Last edited:

Colorblinded

Enlightened
That light in that first link has been through a lot. Impressive!

I never get the whole car/truck tire on a flashlight though. The amount of pressure placed on the small flashlight can't be very large. I know people who have had their feet run over and made it out with little more than cursing.