Just pulled my TK11 from the dryer

C-Beam

Newly Enlightened
After it had gone through the washing machine, of course. :fail:

Still works fine.

The Ultrafire 18650 in it has been through about 50 charges and also works fine.

I love this Chinese crap!

etherealshade

Enlightened
Depending on how hot the dryer was running, I'd be concerned about that ultrafire cell over the few discharge/charge cycles. I can't imagine high heat would do a li-ion cell any favours....

Texas gun person

Newly Enlightened
Did you not hear it in the dryer? Or did you hear it, and just wanted to see if it still worked afterward?

I can't even allow coins to be clanging around in the dryer... just so loud sometimes.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife washed and dried my T1a, and finally noticed it clanking around in the dryer
She was a little afraid to tell me she had just washed and dried a rather expensive surefire, but it is still working fine

One thing I would worry about is if the heat of the dryer may have damaged the led or other electrical components

I did change the battery out in my t1a after it went through the dryer just in case too

C-Beam

Newly Enlightened
Depending on how hot the dryer was running, I'd be concerned about that ultrafire cell over the few discharge/charge cycles. I can't imagine high heat would do a li-ion cell any favours....

The loud clanging sound inside the dryer was a clue. It wasn't in there thirty seconds.

Kraid

Enlightened
Thats not so bad then. The washer probably coldn't hurt it much. And if it wasn't in the dryer long, then it likely never even got as hot as it would get running it for 5 min or so. :party:

TwitchALot

Enlightened
I opened this thread wondering how much damage the dryer had sustained. :D 30 seconds? Boo.

TwinBlade

Enlightened
I would gladly trade a flashlight going the cycle than a Bic gel pen included when my formal attire was in the wash...:fail:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I ran my ITP-A3 through the wash/dry cycle more than once. Quality and design robustness can originate from anywhere in the world.