Mini-review Streamlight 2AA.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Bought for $11.95 at Central Police Supply in Downtown Houston. Got it about 2pm, so had to wait several hours to play with it.

Tosses a white, TIGHT beam. Easily reached 100+ feet through my windshield at buildings and such along the road. The momentary tactical pushbutton is nice! Money WELL spent! Feels like there is no way I will break it. Has a frosted reflector. Has a nice clip to hold it up out of a pocket enough to grab easy. Runs on cheap AA batteries! BONUS!

Who else owns one, and whataya think?

Ratso

Enlightened
I have handled one and I have concluded that it is the brightest 2AA light without modification. I am a big Streamlight fan, because they make many products for the consumer (such as this), as I am not a cop.

This light is very durable, bright, waterproof, and not too expensive to buy or to operate. I hear the new ones have a clickie/momentary switch; even better.
smile.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these. I used to use it to look at house numbers from the service vehicle at night. Lit up those house numbers just fine - I didn't even have to get out of the truck. (I used to be a phone technician). It was also good for looking at/for terminals up high on poles.

This light has a very bright, VERY tight beam, all right. No use up close, unfortunately.

Ratso

Enlightened
It'd be an awesome light if they had an interchangeable LED module for close range use. Or perhaps someone could rig it up with an LS.
smile.gif