Wf-504 R2 with bad driver.

Manual Man

Newly Enlightened
Well I finally got round to ordering a decent flashlight off DX (24200) as well as a R5 drop-in (32953), first impressions: LIGHT.....AND LOTS OF IT>>>>:D
Then I put in the R5 drop-in (after first testing it was driven at 1 A) .....LOTS MORE LIGHT.....:D:D:D

After playing round with it for a while I soon came to realize the R2 was not as good a thrower as I had at first believed (even with the smooth reflector) it was being beaten by the R5. So out came the multimeter again.....

Turns out the driver for the R2 is only pushing about 0.3A through the LED on high....a lot lower then the advertised 1 A. So here I am...wondering is there an easy fix or do I have to send it back to Hong Kong to be replaced? (or as it is only the driver will DX send a new one along for free saving them shipping costs...?)

Any suggestions welcome

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I finally got round to ordering a decent flashlight off DX (24200) as well as a R5 drop-in (32953), first impressions: LIGHT.....AND LOTS OF IT>>>>:D
Then I put in the R5 drop-in (after first testing it was driven at 1 A) .....LOTS MORE LIGHT.....:D:D:D

After playing round with it for a while I soon came to realize the R2 was not as good a thrower as I had at first believed (even with the smooth reflector) it was being beaten by the R5. So out came the multimeter again.....

Turns out the driver for the R2 is only pushing about 0.3A through the LED on high....a lot lower then the advertised 1 A. So here I am...wondering is there an easy fix or do I have to send it back to Hong Kong to be replaced? (or as it is only the driver will DX send a new one along for free saving them shipping costs...?)

Any suggestions welcome

I had a driver die on a DX supplied light , they sent me a new driver ....
Over 1 Year latter its still going strong ... [ With the new driver ]

Manual Man

Newly Enlightened
I am using a single trust-fire 18650 (protected rechargeable) ...as for the current readings off the tail:
High: 0.3-0.35
Med: 0.17
Low:0.04
Strobe and SOS: about 0.35-0.2
My multimeter is giving me different readings on different modes as well: On the 20A mode i get the above results, but on the 400mA mode I get 0.17 for high, 0.12 for med, and 0.08 for low...don't know whats happening there?

If anyone knows where to find a pic of the correct board to compare it to, please give me a shout.

Last edited: