So would this be the brightest flash light to get

joe2004

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking around and im guessing this is the Brightest 2 x CR123 Flashlight that i can get right ? Im looking for something in similar size and shape

EagleTac P20C2 MKII

thanks

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, copied off site, mp-g rocket from shiningbeam (shrug) don't own one, looks nice

* Features a premium cool white Luminus SST-50 emitter, GJ bin
* LED part number: SST-50-W65S-F21-GJ100
* 800+ lumens on high mode
* Square threads for smooth battery installation
* HA III anodizing
**Comes with tactical momentary-on switch and regular switch
* Voltage input*2.8-6V
* Compatible with 1x18650, 1x17670, and 2xCR123A
* 3 Modes:*Low > Mid >*High**
* Current output: 140mA on low, 1000 mA on medium and 2800 mA on high*

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking around and im guessing this is the Brightest 2 x CR123 Flashlight that i can get right ? Im looking for something in similar size and shape

EagleTac P20C2 MKII

thanks

Brightest is meaningless. Do you want throw or flood?
FYI, the Maelstrom G5 is brighter (lumens) and has more throw (lux) than the T20C2 MKII.

Like others said, the MG P-rocket is brighter (lumens) but has much less throw (lux) which is what many perceive as brightness. If you want flood, get the MG-P. Throw, get a maelstrom G5.

Tally-ho

Banned
MG P-Rocket (SST50) isn't really much brighter than the MG PLI (MC-E).

mgcopie.jpg

MG-Rocket's regulation:

mgprocket.png

Beamshots here (copy/paste):
Code:
http://www.puissanceled.com/beamshots/PR34_ter/?4,9,10
To darken beamshot, click "plus sombre". To lighten it, click "plus clair".

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking of getting one for it's flood, I've got a nailbender sst50 and a p7 module on the way gor my Surefire G2 and 6P.

Which I should have mentioned as cr123 options but I was drunk last night. (cute waitress, liked to watch her walk away so I ordered beer after beer)
Now I'm on coffee break and I'm feeling a little ill. :sick2:

joe1512

Enlightened
"MG P-Rocket (SST50) isn't really much brighter than the MG PLI (MC-E)."

Where'd this comment come from? I couldn't ever FIND an MG PLI when I wanted to buy one! Now that it is not produced anymore, it is kind of irrelevant which one is better, right? I think the previous poster was comparing the upgraded versions of the RX-1 and the PLI (now known as the P-Thrower and the P-Rocket), both using SST-50s instead of MC-Es for whatever reason. As you point out, MC-E is just about as good as an SST-50 so dunno why they changed em, but that is what is available now.

Anyways, I would recommend the shiningbeam's MG light. Your 2 choices are the P-Rocket which has a small head and replaces the MG PLI. The other choice is the MG Thrower which replaces RT I think. Anyways, you will want the P-Rocket.

The other lights with XP-Gs won't be able to compare to an SST-50 emitter at 2.8 amps. It will be twice the lumen capability. So that is your best bet. Its also 70 bucks, which is pretty good for such a bright light.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I'm not the only one posting that like shiningbeams lights. Both the P-rocket and the
X-thrower look well built and after reading through 8 pages of his thread. I would recommend them and I will be buying one in a month or so

(bought two lights and four drop-ins this month, September isn't even over) :eek:

Tally-ho

Banned
Your 2 choices are the P-Rocket which has a small head and replaces the MG PLI. The other choice is the MG Thrower which replaces RT I think. Anyways, you will want the P-Rocket.
No joe ! your 2 choices are...
Why do we have to make the same choices as yours ?
Why making such proselytism ? You suggest two flashlights and at the end you reduce the choice to only one, the one you choose: P-Rocket.
Why do you speak as a "seller" trying to be persuasive: "Your two choice are...", "you will want...". Are you kidding ? :)

P-rocket isn't the only one SST50 flashlight on the market.
What about the D Mini VX ultra ?

It has better regulation with 1*18650 and better versatility (1*16340, 1*18650, standard head, optionnal tele force head (for better throw), optionnal turbo force head (for max throw)).
It is a little bit more expensive than the P-Rocket, but later it is not needed to buy one more SST-50 flashlight to have more throw.

The OP didn't mention a price range then, why not a tri-XP-G.R5 D26 module in a P60/D26 host ? :naughty:

(EDIT: @ Joe1512. All i wanted to suggest is my first message was: since an MG SST-50 isn't better than an MG MC-E, a simple MC-E could be a good solution to have a brighter light as requested by the OP.
There is still a lot of choice with MC-E flashlights even if every manufacturers jumped into SST-50 without doing many efforts to use it at its best. Why paying more for a flashlight with a badly integrated but expensive emitter when you could have the same with a solid one, even if it is more difficult to focus it without donut hole ?
Feel free to suggest whatever you want but please, without a "selling" rhetoric.)

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was also a quad xpg silver-plated but I don't think it runs at full power on cr123.

How good is the solarforce L2P as hosts for the big lumen dropins?