Ranch Light

HuntWheel

Newly Enlightened
What's a good light not too big, not too small, the brighter the better and comes ready to recharge. Something i can hang on the wall or put on a base so it's always ready and I know where to find it.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I don't know anything about this light but from some of the response iTP has gotten to their other products, it might be worth a try. Take a look at the iTP-R01. Size and Weight: L 126mm (4.96") x D 30mm (1.18"), 122g (Including Battery). That fits into your not too big, not too small and rechargeable category.

There is also another way to look at "rechargeable", which would open up your potential options by leaps and bounds. That is to just use rechargeable cells inside the flashlight and charging those cells is your recharge mechanism. The only administrative difference is that you unscrew the tailcap, take out the cell(s) and charge it instead of just plugging the flashlight into some kind of adapter/charger directly. Just throwing it out there as food for thought. In this case you'll need to factor in the cost of the cells and charger to the overall cost.

Depending on your usage, if you only use a light for a few minutes per day, you could easily get a couple months use out of a 1x18650 based light before having to open it up and recharge the cell.

Others might be able to share actual experiences with rechargeable lights. Good luck in your search. :welcome:

Brigadier

Enlightened
How much do you want to spend?

How far does it have to throw?

How long of a runtime do you need?

In lieu of those answers, the light I use for an always ready, never worry about batteries, easy to use flashlight around the house[for the family to grab] is the 5.11 UC3-400.

But given I am a flashoholic, I have several incan SureFires and a Seraph SP-9 I grab when I need to look at something outside. All of them run on rechargable batteries.

HuntWheel

Newly Enlightened
Cool. Thanks for the responses. I'll check out your recommendations. I was wondering if my original post was lost, as I am new, I guess I had to wait for an administrator to approve it.

As far as throw, I don't know, isn't more always better? Price? I'm flexible as long as it's a good value. Run time isn't that important, I don't think I'll be using it for longer than 15 minutes between charges.

The main thing is the recharge, I don't really want to have to remove the batteries to recharge it. I want it to have a base or mount or something so it has a home and is always ready. And i guess medium size, not like a spotlight so my wife will have an easy time carrying it too.

Retinator

Enlightened
What about a Magcharger? Would be a throw monster, cheap and I'm sure you can recharge it without removing the batt.

It might be a tad big for your tastes, I don't know.

Brigadier

Enlightened
Cool. Thanks for the responses. I'll check out your recommendations. I was wondering if my original post was lost, as I am new, I guess I had to wait for an administrator to approve it.

As far as throw, I don't know, isn't more always better? Price? I'm flexible as long as it's a good value. Run time isn't that important, I don't think I'll be using it for longer than 15 minutes between charges.

The main thing is the recharge, I don't really want to have to remove the batteries to recharge it. I want it to have a base or mount or something so it has a home and is always ready. And i guess medium size, not like a spotlight so my wife will have an easy time carrying it too.

Then the 5.11 light will fit the bill. They have two sizes to choose from.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
5.11 does look wicked, my only rechargeable is the Pelican7060LED. Incredible throw for it's output, 170 lumens OTF. There's also a StreamLight similar to the SuperTac thats rechargeable, would have wicked throw.
If dropins work in the magcharger, that could be fun. Fusion36 for floody light (P7 for some throw, not sure who could make a P7 type mod)