• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How to get a hold of Peak?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've called the number on the website 2 to 3 times a day, every day, for over a week. No answer. Is there another number?

jonesy

Enlightened
Don't forget they're in AZ time so it's 3 hrs different than the east coast. I've noticed that around 2-4 pm their time seems to work well.

They're a small operation. A week ago everyone was out with stomach flu and not much got done, so you'll have occurrences like that to worry about. I'm still waiting since July for an Eiger to get repaired!

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I guess that put's them 2 hours behind me.

I remember when I lived in Texas I would call home to Alabama and it would be night time in Alabama and the sun would still be shining in Texas. Same time zone too. Just at extreme ends.

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okey-Dokey,

Since ordering straight from Peak seems to be a no go, does anyone know when Peak is going to make a run of pocket bodies for the Pyranees series?

bansuri

Enlightened
>>>>>RMSK,INC.<<<<
Sells some, but it looks like you have to email them for stuff that's not listed.
Now that I've figured out a little bit more about them I can navigate the site at http://www.peakledsolutions.net/Intro.html but I'm not sure if it is active.
If you know what you want the peakledsolutions.net site would be the way to buy it, I just don't know if it works and I'm afraid to try it.
Anyone order off of there recently? I just want to order an Eiger :

• MATERIAL : Brass
  • BODY STYLE : Lug
  • COLOR : Neutral
  • BEAM ANGLE : Wide
  • POWER LEVEL : 1

This link might contain what you're looking for:
http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Pyrenees.html

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could try ordering from Oveready (electronguru), I'm sure they'll do special orders.

I am surprised you can't get through by phone, I have always been able to unless I hit the lunch hour or something...

try calling them around 2pm their time.

bansuri

Enlightened
Well I couldn't take it anymore, the RMSK website doesn't have what I'm looking for, (I know, call or email... but this IS 2010 and they have an official website soooo), so I used the Peakledsolutions.net site and ordered an Eiger, I'll let you know how it turns out.
The order went through, billing OK, and email confirmation. All I have to do now is wait. I'll post back when it arrives. If this works; I'm in trouble!:party:
I love the Peaks, it's the matter of acquiring them that has prevented me from consuming mass quantities.

For the record: I have a couple Eigers and got a brass, lug, 10180 body in a recent purchase but I only have a level 8 brass head so I ordered a #1, Lug, Brass so I can use the head with the 10180 body and the lug body instead of my brass pocket body. The 10180 battery will stand a chance with the #1.

pmek5

Newly Enlightened
I to ordered from the website this time (Eiger 10180 Brass Lug). In the past I have called them since what I ordered was a special order. The 10180 Eiger was not, so I tried the website as I said, and used Paypal.
Been one week as of now.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't tried ordering from the website yet. I really want a brass Pyranees, but it doesn't look like I can get it with the body configuration I want, so that goes on the back burner for now. I may try and get a pocket body brass El Capitan. Neither RMSK or Oveready has that configuration though either. I'll try the Peak website.

jonesy

Enlightened
I to ordered from the website this time (Eiger 10180 Brass Lug). In the past I have called them since what I ordered was a special order. The 10180 Eiger was not, so I tried the website as I said, and used Paypal.
Been one week as of now.

Get used to waiting. I ordered from Peak's website and it took just about a month.

rider

Newly Enlightened
I talked them the yesterday; evidently they've just been out on the production floor a lot recently trying to fulfill orders and they don't hear the phone ring because of the noise.

As far as custom builds, it usually takes about 2 weeks in my experience, unless the specific build you want requires an out of stock part (a part that needs a new production run for machining, anodizing, optics shipment, etc.)

jonesy

Enlightened
I talked them the yesterday; evidently they've just been out on the production floor a lot recently trying to fulfill orders and they don't hear the phone ring because of the noise.

Not to derail the thread, but I certainly hope my Eiger is part of the "orders to be fulfilled." I've been waiting close to 2 months for my light to be fixed which I had received that had an offcenter LED and sand in it. I can't believe I ordered this thing back in June and I still don't have it. Every time I call about it (I've called at least three times) they say it's going to be done soon. :fail:

bansuri

Enlightened
Got a ship notification today! So around 3 weeks, not bad for exactly the light I wanted.

Summary:
The old website does function and take orders but looks like it hasn't been updated with new products.
Paying with Paypal gets you a ship notification.
Got exactly the light I wanted!

I suppose it's a GOOD thing I can't order an El Cap off that site or I'd do it right now, finances be damned.

This will round out my Eiger needs for now, 10440 Brass Lug, and 10180 Brass Lug. Gave my wife the HA Lug, she loves it.
Awesome little lights.
Thanks.

ledcarry

Enlightened
I am glad you are happy with your Peak lights. I wished I could say the same.

I am poised to report here one of my worst ever buying experiences that happened with Peak flashlights a little more than a month ago. I placed a four light order over the phone with a very polite and courteous lady who has the initials R S. I was told they had all the pieces of my titanium light order and that they would be built over that very weekend and would ship out the following Monday. Monday came and gone and was told there was a problem with the tech understanding the work order and the order would be shipped out hopefully by Wednesday with a tracking number and that I would be kept informed. After it became obvious that my order was not getting shipped by Wednesday as promised, I canceled my order due to lack of confidence in the company after two broken deadlines to ship my order.

The lights might be well designed and built, but if you don't have the support and follow through in place, how can you bring new customers to the fold? :(

JM

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems a little silly to get upset about a custom order being delayed 3 days.

bansuri

Enlightened
I don't understand if it was your:

1. worst buying experience that happened with Peak flashlights
or
2. your worst buying experience ever that happened to be with Peak flashlights.

Lumenz

Enlightened
I ordered on 9/14 and I never received a shipment confirmation. So I emailed Peak and told them to cancel my order on 10/14. I know it takes them a long time to respond to email (sometimes never) so I will post in here when/if I ever receive a reply.

I like my Eigers but after this, I am done with Peak. :thumbsdow

bansuri

Enlightened
I'm that way when I get burned also. :xyxgun:

I guess the Peak delay doesn't bother me so much because I was an adult before the internet when all we had were Mail Order Catalogs with ridiculous shipping times like "6-8 weeks shipping time".
Man, back in the day it was a seller's market, now things need to move faster, and if not, communicate the slowdown via email.
That said, the economy isn't exactly booming and they may not be able to see any benefit of addressing all of the service and website complaints if it means additional employees, training, or equipment.
Often the status quo is just fine.

For the record: I work in a shop that uses a Unisys Server running a 15 yr old install of Unix, so I totally understand how hard it is to upgrade to modern systems.

jonesy

Enlightened
After waiting just about 3 months for a light to be repaired I also cancelled my order. It's cathartic in a way, as it's been the worst buying experience ever. I'm not exaggerating. It's not good when you have to call about your order every 3 weeks and every time given a new excuse. I've gotten a custom titanium bike frame made faster, and that's a helluva lot more complicated and expensive than a $40 single level flashlight. Ordered at the end of June and still no solution. Shameful.

Now I have to wait and see how long it will take before they refund my money. Another 5 months, perhaps?

I'll still use my other brass eiger. It's a great light, but it's a shame that their customer service sucks and qc leaves something to be desired. It shouldn't feel like russian roulette to buy a flashlight.

Good luck to the rest of you who can afford to deal with Peak. I'm just not one of those people.