Quick E1B belt clip question

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Ive noticed the belt clip on my E1b is a little loose. Comparing it to my E2D I noticed that the E2D has a little plastic spacer between the clip and the battery tube where as my E1B does not. Is the E1B supposed to have this plastic spacer as well?

rgarcia145

Newly Enlightened
I just looked at my E2DL's clip and i actually just noticed the plastic spacer you are talking about. The E1B uses the reversible clip which is different from the E2D so i do not believe it needs that plastic spacer. I actually have an LX2 that has the same reversible clip, it does not have the plastic spacer but it is pretty tight on it with no play at all. I would give surefire a call and ask them about it, they might just send you another clip and hopefully that solves the problem. if not send them the whole light so they can fix it. Im sure they would be happy to help

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
I put a E1B clip on my E1E body and used the original clip's spacer. It was a tight fit and IIRC I had to cut off a little, but there is no play what so ever.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The two-way PocketClips used by the likes of the E1B and LX2 do not have/need the plastic widget that the 'bezel-up' standard PocketClips do.