Newbie here, looking for info

Looking for Lumens!

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, first post although I've lurked and learned here for some time. My current flashlights are a 3 D cell Mag-Lite and a Mini-maglite - I've had these for ages and feel like I'm living with dinosaurs. :D Sooo, I think I've narrowed my preferences to two Fenix models - TK30 and TK12-R5. I moved to Australia 5 years ago and will be having a friend in the U.S. order and ship these for me, 'cause it's just too expensive here. Can anyone give me ideas as to vendors with best price? I've checked Amazon.com, 4Sevens, and Bugout Gear. I also want to order the Pila charger and some AW 18650's. From what I've read, Bugout Gear is the only supplier to carry both? 4Sevens has a Cytac Li-ion dual bay fast charger 139 for only $18.50, but I'm thinking "you get what you pay for"? Whew, last question - I see that most people mention the AW 2600mah battery, and I have seen available this battery in a 2900mah capacity. Any advantage to go with the 2900? Is it still compatible with the two Fenix models I want? Sorry for my first post being so wordy, and thanks in advance to any and all suggestions!

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Hello LfL, :welcome:
You are covering a lot of ground with your post, I would highly recommend pursuing your LED flaslight in this subforum (/LED/), and doing some searching for information on AW 18650's & a suitable charger in the /Batteries-Electronics/ subforum.

With regards to vendors, that needs to be pursued in the CPF Marketplace, which requires a separate registration. It is recommended to use your same username there to make things simpler.

So it seems as what we have left is a question between the Fenix TK30 and the TK12-R5? If you could change your thread title (by editing your first post) to reflect that, it will assist in getting relevant information posted to your thread here.

I hope this will help narrow your queries down, or at least point them in the best directions.

K

Last edited:

Looking for Lumens!

Newly Enlightened
Hello LfL, :welcome:
You are covering a lot of ground with your post, I would highly recommend pursuing your LED flaslight in this subforum (/LED/), and doing some searching for information on AW 18650's & a suitable charger in the /Batteries-Electronics/ subforum.

Shall do!

With regards to vendors, that needs to be pursued in the CPF Marketplace, which requires a separate registration. It is recommended to use your same username there to make things simpler.

Shall do again!

So it seems as what we have left is a question between the Fenix TK30 and the TK12-R5? If you could change your thread title (by editing your first post) to reflect that, it will assist in getting relevant information posted to your thread here.

I'm actually wanting to purchase both models, if that was misunderstood.

I hope this will help narrow your queries down, or at least point them in the best directions.

Thanks Kestrel, I'll follow your suggestions and see what I can come up with. Although I HAVE done a fair amount of searching here, I guess I got a bit lazy and was hoping for some quick answers. :grin2:

K