coast, led lenser mystery ?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased a V2 triplex light recently because it requires 3xN cells, it arrived today, but seems to work with 1xAA cell :thinking:

no room to get 3 x N cells in there, and the tube is to wide.

when 'googling' the name and the codes on the box/light all things come up as expected,

except the light seems to use 1xAA not 3xN cells.

any ideas?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I can't help you, but I'd bet Bernie (Keissling) could. He used to be the resident expert on LED Lenser lights, among other lights. Haven't seen his presence here in some time, however, but maybe he's watching.

Geoff

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
From Led Lenser UK site.Lists as a AA cell.

V2 Triplex

3 high quality LEDs
Cloverleaf Reflector System
Includes durable nylon pouch & lanyard
Solid metal casing - Satin stainless finish

Burn Time
Up to 100 hours
Dimensions
141mm x 26mm
Weight
160gms
Power Supply
1 x AA alkaline battery included

Coast Products

Newly Enlightened
The 7547 V2 Triplex has been available in both a (3) LR1/N (oldest version) and a AA version. Some retailers may still have the older "N" type version in stock and will have the old specs listed, but most should have the newer version in stock by now. I would make a phone call to the dealer to have them physically verify which version they actually have in stock.

-Rob

Kiessling

Flashaholic
A good change. The N-Cells, while having a nice form factor, weren't that great in availability and performance.

Interesting that they still sell a V2 Triplex. Like a blast from the past.

Hey Geoff :wave: ... no expert here no more. No time. But still loving the light :D

bernie

Garand

Newly Enlightened
The 7547 V2 Triplex has been available in both a (3) LR1/N (oldest version) and a AA version. Some retailers may still have the older "N" type version in stock and will have the old specs listed, but most should have the newer version in stock by now. I would make a phone call to the dealer to have them physically verify which version they actually have in stock.

-Rob
The N cell light was my first LED light. I bought it years ago at a Radio Shack.

At the time I thought it was amazing.
I guess it was compared to my other incan lights at the time.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
update :candle:

the reason i wanted the N cell light is because my girlfriend gets dozens of partially depleted N cells from her work every month,

i contacted the seller, the seller sent me the N cell version:party:

while both versions have similar output (30 floody lumens??)

the N cell version is built like a tank while the A cell version feels much less tank like, much less.(not the battery weight difference but the build and feel of the lights)

i like the N cell version so much i have ordered another :party:

I wouldnt have ordered another A cell version,

same output,

just feels to me like the N cell version is built 20x better. :candle: