Acting Predictably

Jump Start

Newly Enlightened
I like flashlights. I use a flashlight every day. I started my journey into flashlights as most here did. I bought a 1 AA light from DX, and was happy with it. Until it failed me when I really needed it. Then I graduated to Fenix, and have been happy with my L1T V2.0.

But now, I NEED a 4 Sevens Quark AA so I can run a 14500. Brighter and smaller. You see how I'm being sucked into this morass called Flashlights. I've managed to keep my Wife off my back but I see many purchases in my future! There are 18650's to explore next.

I thought Maglites were the bomb before I found CPF.

Goodbye Wallet....

Jump Start

P. S. I know this has been posted many times by Newbies, it's just my turn!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Since you posted in a mostly neutral forum, General Flaslight Discussion, I will say that not all CPF'ers think that mag.... is all that bad, particularly when they are modded for "hot wire" incandescent bulbs, running multiple high capacity Lithium Ion cells, or NiMh packs. They are the most modded flashlight bodies here on CPF, for incan and LEDs.

Bill

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

There're an awful lot of things that can be done to the humble Maglite that will keep you entertained for years. Don't be so quick to put it down :)

My recommendations after being here for only a year...

Don't go for cheapies. In the long run they're not worth it. They'll either end up dead or thrown in the bin. Save your cash, do some reading, and invest in the good stuff.

Make sure you experiment. Find the tint, beam profile, battery type, size, shape, etc. that you love, then spend the next few years trying to find them all in one light. That's half the fun of this place.

Read, read, read!