How would you install a bezel-down clip on this light?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently acquired a custom Pocket Rocket SST-50 :) think Fenix L1D that has fattened up to accomodate a 18650. It is an awesome light!

I just need one more thing for it. I pocket EDC it, and I need a bezel-down clip to prevent it from falling into the bottom of the pocket.

How would you install a bezel-down clip onto this guy? I am looking at two holes in the tailcap, wondering if it would be possible to screw a clip into it.

Other innovative solutions like attaching a clip to the middle of the body would work too.

p827877806-4.jpg

p748731518-4.jpg

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you could use a clip similar to the one used on the nitecore D/EX10's.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-d10-clip.html

Don't know the exact measurements but they're almost cheap enough to buy and modify if you have to. Just my .02 though.

Good luck with whatever you decide :thumbsup:

Interesting! Thanks for the tip, I will have to check it out.

I notice the diameter is very similar..... the fit should be very close!

Last edited:

L.C.

Newly Enlightened
Interesting! Thanks for the tip, I will have to check it out.

I notice the diameter is very similar..... the fit should be very close!

No prob, post some pics up when you're done would ya?... Whatever route you choose.

I might follow finished product with my L2D, I've been wanting to put some kind of clip on that thing for a while now and it looks like they share a similar style tailcap.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup yup! I just need to get hold of the clip. Hmm, 4sevens, Lighthound doesn't carry it, and Batteryjunction is out of stock.