• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Catapult V2 or M2CX4

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Please tell me which one of these light YOU would pay money for and why. They are both about $145 on ebay. Both thrower. Please just tell me which one YOU would rather spend your $145 on. Thank You so much!

If you guys need an opinion on any of the lights below let me know as I own them:

Torch light C78
Romisen RC-G2
TANK007 E08 HA-III
X2000
Uniquefire S10
TrustFire XP-EF23
Tank007 M10
TrustFire TR-801
Romisen RC-C5
ITP A3
Skyray S-R5
Romisen RC-G2 II Q5
ITP A1 SS
UniqueFire HS-802
Fenix TK45
MTE SF-15
SolarForce L2 Grey
Solarforce Masterpiece
Solarforce L2P HA-III
[FONT=&quot]TrustFire TR-1200[/FONT]

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i spent my money on a catapult v1, this was before the v2 version.

I was really considering a M2C4X if thats the model name. (the 3 x XP-E version in neutral tint). but after reading about some of its issues, i decided not to.

so far, I havent sold my catapult yet, even modded it with a neutral tint SST-50. but it gets very little use. it tailstands on my desk most the time. the light is just too big for my preference. but, if i ever hear any strange noises outside my house at night, its the light im grabbing!

jcalvert

Enlightened
Hi vin,

Of those two choices only, I would prefer the Catapult V2 based partly on the reviews, recommendations and preferences of people I communicate with plus I prefer a standard size body vs. the short, fat style of the M2CX4. BTW, I assume that you've noted that the M2CX4 has an updated version, the M3C4.

Off topic, I saw that you tried out the Masterpiece MCE, but I'm just curious if you have you tried the MPP-1 for a dedicated thrower?

John

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have not bought the MPP1-1. I just somehow don't believe a single R2 can provide the amount of lumen I want. I like big bright hot spot even if it doesn't goes as far.

Here is a link of some beam shot I have taken. First time taken any beam shots. Unfortunately, I like my new Tr-1200 much more than the Masterpiece for half the price at $42 vs $82. It throws a bright hot spot FAR with lots of spill too. Has more lumen with ceiling bounce than the Masterpiece too but less than the TK-45. :)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3565804#post3565804

Last edited:

New_World

Newly Enlightened
I would like to purchase the leatherman S2 off of you.

it would not let me PM you.

thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you.