Eagletac pn20a2

cambel

Newly Enlightened
Any reason not to buy this light? Where can I buy this with the RB filter kit?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not read the review on the light and make your own mind up,I just read it myself as I am thinking of adding one to my collection,after reading the review and checking the UK price I am willing to give it a go as it is a fairly new light.

Just type into the search box and up it comes.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was considering one of these but decided against it because 1; it doesn't have a true low-low, 2; the promised RGB filter kit seems to be vaporware so far, and 3; the 4Sevens Preon 2 out performs it in just about every way.

jaws revenge

Newly Enlightened
i have this light. i agree that the specs on the preon2 are better. but i bought this for the reversable clip and the clicky action, and i prefer its look over the preon2. it throws pretty well too. it comes with a diffuser which doesn't exactly fit 'tight' and seems like it might slip off.
for me, basically a 2 mode pen light "thrower" with good spill. i keep it in my office bag.

dheim

Newly Enlightened
IMO the Preon 2 is an entire league up confronted with the pn20a2... it's way brighter and, most of all, its beam is million times better... you can't seriously ask a penlight to be a thrower, and the Preon just floods better, with its bigger hotspot, its wider spill and its much smoother transition. plus, the 4sevens has got a "real" low mode and a medium more suitable for common penlight uses...
the Eagletac looks cooler (but it's subjective) and its UI is better, anyway.

beavis

Newly Enlightened
PSSST... I think technology may have changed a little in the year and one week that this thread has been sleeping?
:poke:

:welcome:

IMO the Preon 2 is an entire league up confronted with the pn20a2... it's way brighter and, most of all, its beam is million times better... you can't seriously ask a penlight to be a thrower, and the Preon just floods better, with its bigger hotspot, its wider spill and its much smoother transition. plus, the 4sevens has got a "real" low mode and a medium more suitable for common penlight uses...
the Eagletac looks cooler (but it's subjective) and its UI is better, anyway.

dheim

Newly Enlightened
PSSST... I think technology may have changed a little in the year and one week that this thread has been sleeping?
:poke:

:welcome:

sure, but both models are still on the market, we're not talking about mercury vapor vs gas lamps! :nana:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this point in time, I am strongly regretting my purchase of a supposedly neutral Preon 2 a couple weeks ago... It isn't neutral at all. I'd say it's cool in fact, with a color temp of no lower than 5,500K. While hindsight is always 20/20, I wish I had gotten the PN20a2 instead, filter kit or no filter kit. The beam tint on the Preon 2 is one of the worst I've ever seen on any light, even for a cool tint.

dheim

Newly Enlightened
At this point in time, I am strongly regretting my purchase of a supposedly neutral Preon 2 a couple weeks ago... It isn't neutral at all. I'd say it's cool in fact, with a color temp of no lower than 5,500K. While hindsight is always 20/20, I wish I had gotten the PN20a2 instead, filter kit or no filter kit. The beam tint on the Preon 2 is one of the worst I've ever seen on any light, even for a cool tint.

my cool white preon2 is definitely green, so i have to agree, but the beam is million times better than the pn20a2. if your main concern is tint then yes, the eagletac wins hands down! not really neutral (nor it's supposed to be), but for sure pure white