Please Help newbie with the 1500x NEW Eneloops

robertt931

Newly Enlightened
I have a brand new set of the new 1500 cycle eneloops. I also have a BC-9009 charger from lacrosse. It charges AA and AAA. I am new to rechargable batteries and I would like help figuring out what the numbers mean.

I put 2 AAA's in the charger over night this is what the readings are:

The first reading is : Full ( I assume this means fully charged)
The second is : v 1.5 and v1.49
The third is : 233 mah and 216 mAh
The forth is : 12 ma and 13 mA
The fifth is: 1:13 and 1:07
I really want to know what these numbers mean . I used the batteries in different flashlights and I want the know as I can about these rechargeable batteries as I can. The pack I bought includes 4 AAA's and 8 AA's. I want to thank everyone in advance for any advise the give.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a brand new set of the new 1500 cycle eneloops. I also have a BC-9009 charger from lacrosse. It charges AA and AAA. I am new to rechargable batteries and I would like help figuring out what the numbers mean.

I put 2 AAA's in the charger over night this is what the readings are:

The first reading is : Full ( I assume this means fully charged)
The second is : v 1.5 and v1.49
The third is : 233 mah and 216 mAh
The forth is : 12 ma and 13 mA
The fifth is: 1:13 and 1:07
I really want to know what these numbers mean . I used the batteries in different flashlights and I want the know as I can about these rechargeable batteries as I can. The pack I bought includes 4 AAA's and 8 AA's. I want to thank everyone in advance for any advise the give.
The first means the batteries have finished charging.

The second is the voltage. A fully charged battery sitting in the charger will be at about 1.5 volts.

The third is how much charge was supplied to the battery during charging. An AAA Eneloop can hold about 800 mAh, and when they come from the factory they contain about 600 mAh (the bucket is 3/4 full). When you charged them the charger added the missing 200 mAh to bring them up to the top (plus a bit extra due to losses).

The fourth is how much current the charger is supplying now. When the charger finishes, it applies a small trickle charge, to "brim the tank" as it were. In this case, that is about 12 mA.

The fifth is how much time the charger took to charge the batteries. The charge rate was 200 mA, and the charge added was about 200 mAh, so that took about an hour (200 mAh / 200 mA = 1 h).

The sixth and most important thing to know about that charger, is that it is best not to use the default charging rate of 200 mA. That is a bit low and can lead to missed terminations and overcharging. For AAA cells you should use the 500 mA setting, and for AA cells the 700 mA setting. Have a look at the manual to find out how to do that.

robertt931

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mr Happy for the quick reply, I will definitely look up how to change the charging rate. And thanks for clearing up the mah number, I thought they were only charging up to the 230* number and that I possibly had a defective batch...haha make sense after your explaination. Thanks again and if you have any more tips keep them coming..:thumbsup:

LetThereBeLite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mr. Happy.

I have a BC-9009 coming to me as well--in transit as I type--and I have 16 recyko's in transit too. This info is very helpful.

The first means the batteries have finished charging.

The second is the voltage. A fully charged battery sitting in the charger will be at about 1.5 volts.

The third is how much charge was supplied to the battery during charging. An AAA Eneloop can hold about 800 mAh, and when they come from the factory they contain about 600 mAh (the bucket is 3/4 full). When you charged them the charger added the missing 200 mAh to bring them up to the top (plus a bit extra due to losses).

The fourth is how much current the charger is supplying now. When the charger finishes, it applies a small trickle charge, to "brim the tank" as it were. In this case, that is about 12 mA.

The fifth is how much time the charger took to charge the batteries. The charge rate was 200 mA, and the charge added was about 200 mAh, so that took about an hour (200 mAh / 200 mA = 1 h).

The sixth and most important thing to know about that charger, is that it is best not to use the default charging rate of 200 mA. That is a bit low and can lead to missed terminations and overcharging. For AAA cells you should use the 500 mA setting, and for AA cells the 700 mA setting. Have a look at the manual to find out how to do that.