Can You Identify These?

BarryNYC

Newly Enlightened
In my callow youth (a few weeks ago) before I started with this interest in flashlights, I bought a couple of LED lights from the Herrington catalog. There' pretty nice lights, but they have no brand names. I was wondering if anybody knows who makes them.

#1 is a clever plastic one LED light that has a slide to convert it to a candle style light. It uses 2 AAA's in a plastic holder. (I hope the images work!?)

fb3330cc.jpg

fb3330c4.jpg

#2 looks like an old fashioned C or D cell flashlight, but it's a 4 AAA light with 10 LEDs.

fb3330bd.jpg

fb3330bb.jpg

JJHitt

Enlightened
And isn't the Brunton also a Nuwai light? I've seen the 'Firefly' with a number of different labels and an extremely wide variety of prices. I paid nine dollars for mine and Restoration Hardware is trying to sell them for 24.99.

Seems like nine out of ten times someone posts a "have you seen these" message it turns out to be a Nuwai light.

BarryNYC

Newly Enlightened
Wow! You guys are good. In about an hour, you found both of them.

#1 is a Brunton. Although, all the ones that I see on the web have a silver grip where mine is black. Nonetheless, I'm sure it must be a Brunton. At 200 hours and a combination flashlight/candle mode, it's a pretty good around the house emergency light. Might be just the ticket for Xmas presents for my blackout scarred NYC friends.

charliek: You're right, the Brunton does have a 3 AAA holder.

#2 indeed looks to be the Nuwai AT-100. I bought this flashlight for my elderly mother, because it looks and works pretty much a "regular" flashlight. I think she'll be more at home with it than with the more "gadgety" ones that I like.

Thanks for the help.

-barry