Sourcing a Green Laser in the UK

Chrispy

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm looking for a green laser for astronomical pointing with my young son who is 7. Because of his age and my intended use I'm not looking for something excesively powerful and would far prefer an IR filtered laser.

Having read this thread http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=282798 I thought I'd decided on a Laserglow Galileo 4-5mW - IR Filtered, 100% duty cycle, not too powerful and looks like a reputable company. However the laser cost is $89 which is OK and shipping to the UK another $34 - suddenly that seems disproportionately expensive, especially compared to other shipping charges I've paid to get things from the US.

So, can any one recommend a similar product that can be sourced in the UK or from outsife the UK but with more sensible shipping costs.

Many thanks

Acid87

Enlightened
I dont know where to source one directly. Although it might be an idea to try somewhere like maplins or another electrical store. Also the RSPB shop near me sells telescopes etc and were very knowledgable might be worth asking around.

Sorry thats about as useful as a chocolate teapot bud.
Good luck