EagleTac T20C2 MKII Strobe Trouble

• Thread starter z_DontCome2MyHouse
  • Start date
Z

z_DontCome2MyHouse

I programmed my EagleTac T20C2 MKII to have strobe come on during the second click (15 clicks in 10 second, then hold on for 2 seconds). The problem I'm having is after setting my flashlight down for about 5 minutes I come back and try the strobe function and it doesn't work. It seems to have gone back/reset to "normal mode" and I have to reprogram again. Can't keep it in strobe mode.

Just curious if this is normal.

kreisler

Banned
reading this thread the first thought which comes up into my mind :

i forgot how to program (and access) the strobe

LOL!!!

( i have the manual, so no prob. dont bother thx )

EDIT: i deactivated the strobe on mine because it interferes with the tactical momentary on.

Last edited:

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
I was messing around with my P20C2 MKII a couple days ago deactivating tail-strobe then activating it again, it held the setting. I didn't do a hold for a few seconds after the presses. I just did 15 or so presses in 10 seconds while in General/Head loose then waited a couple seconds without touching the tail switch and did a momentary light then another momentary light a second later to make sure it set it. Later when I activated tail-strobe again I did the same thing and it's stayed set.

lebox97

Enlightened
Unfortunately the included instructions are generic - and used for 15 or so different T20 modules - each having their own unique user interfaces (there are about 3-4 different UI depending on LED choice).

If the light you ordered was a standard module - which does not have tail strobe, it's only available from the head.
If you have been able to program/activate strobe from tail cap, then you must have received the newer the tail strobe model instead. (TS modules/models with XM-L LED have only recently been shipping from factory in last 1-2 months)

Here is a quick overview of the modes for XM-L LED models:

- if you switch light ON in head tight position - you will only have two modes TURBO/MAX and GENERAL/MEDIUM.
- if you switch light ON in head loose position - you will be in GENERAL/MEDIUM mode, tightening the head will go to TURBO, a quick loosen of head will go to LOW, another quick tight/loose will get you Strobe, then Beacon, then SOS.

- when you do a tight/loose/tight sequence you open a software programming sequence which stays open waiting for your command for about 10+ seconds.
It is best to not "fiddle" with the modes or you'll start getting the circuit confused until you switch light off and start over again. ie. it's best to get to the final desired mode you want - then leave it there/use it for 20-30 seconds. (ie. don't cycle through all the modes repeatedly during that 10 second window otherwise both the light and you will get confused until you shut it off then back on again) ;)

If you have Tail Strobe option on module: 15-20 rapid tail presses (momentary or clicks) you'll see output change/flash signalling you have accessed the TS mode, try an ON-OFF-ON within 1.5 seconds - if it strobes - you successfully switched mode on.

now then - turn light OFF for 20-30+ seconds so the programming circuit closes (remember about "fiddling" and circuit confusion).

if all goes well - each time you do a double tap/double ON within 1.5 seconds it will strobe.

To deactivate tail strobe to revert back to just ON/OFF/momentary switch - repeat the 15-20 presses sequence above...

Cheers
Tod

Sardo84

Newly Enlightened
thanks!
I'v tried, but it does'nt seems to work...if I turn off the light for over three-four seconds, it looses again the TS mode; and I have to re-activate it. If I keep using the light, without turning it off for over 3-4 seconds, the 2nd click tail strobe keep going..

Maybe it is normal,and there is no way to keep the TS memorized?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had mine for about a month. Upon receipt I set the programming to tail strobe with double click and it has saved without incident. Mine is one of the XML emitters. The tail switch is a bit sensitive and I sometimes activite strobe by accident

shortstack

Enlightened
They did make some of the XM-l's that did not have the tail strobe activation. I would e-mail the dealer you bought it from and see what they say.