Big Head mag

garilla

Newly Enlightened
miserable state of NJ, actually it is only the pol
I had this 6volt spotlight with a Lead acid battery that no longer held a charge, also I never liked the pistol grip hold. So I cut the head off from it

100_1010_cr.jpg

I cut off the head just below some plastic reinforcement pieces inside the head so I could mount it.

You can see the tabs on the inside bottom

100_1011.jpg

I then cut out a mounting plate from some old scrap sheet metal I had laying around

100_1012_cr.jpg

And cut out a hole in the center which will accept the maglite threaded portion of the head

100_1013_cr.jpg

I took a PR bulb and heated it with a propane torch and removed the glass bulb leaving an empty shell and then I soldered in a wire to the positive contact and one on the outside of the empty PR can for the negative and that went into the standard bulb holder.

Then I put the head on by using the bezel as a nut to hold the sheet metal big head on my 4D maglite.

100_1017_cr.jpg

With a little paint it looks pretty good.

100_1018_cr.jpg

100_1019_cr.jpg

and a basement beamshot

100_1016_cr.jpg

This isn't that hot of a bulb but ok for now, I want to experiment with others. Now I have some possibilities to light it up. I'm currently using a 6v NiCd as used in a magcharger to power it. The balance is perfect as now my hand stays by the switch. The big head is really very light weight as it is all plastic and rubber. So what you think??