Who loves flood over throw? Post your mods!

richpalm

Banned
Just wondering... seems the emphasis is always on throw over flood when flood to me is much, much more useful.

In fact most of my mods have been to get the ultimate floodlight for my own use. Just got done doing up my old KL3 with an MC-E, Shiningbeam driver and a Pelican reflector that I misted with dullcote. The thing is the best flooder I've ever had! :eek: Huge almost 180 deg. flood and bright enough to light up 3 houses away... love it!

Also did up a couple of old Elektrolumens XM-2's, one with a MC-E, the other with a P7. Used nothing more than cheap shallow reflectors from unknown lights, focused and fitted, and added a good clickie. They wound up being my favorite lights... I use 'em for anything.

Gonna get some pics when it's not 10 deg. out. :mad:

So who else loves flooders? Let's see some mods!

Rich

richpalm

Banned
Just wondering... seems the emphasis is always on throw over flood when flood to me is much, much more useful.

In fact most of my mods have been to get the ultimate floodlight for my own use. Just got done doing up my old KL3 with an MC-E, Shiningbeam driver and a Pelican reflector that I misted with dullcote. The thing is the best flooder I've ever had! :eek: Huge almost 180 deg. flood and bright enough to light up 3 houses away... love it!

Also did up a couple of old Elektrolumens XM-2's, one with a MC-E, the other with a P7. Used nothing more than cheap shallow reflectors from unknown lights, focused and fitted, and added a good clickie. They wound up being my favorite lights... I use 'em for anything.

Gonna get some pics when it's not 10 deg. out. :mad:

So who else loves flooders? Let's see some mods!

Rich