• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The "Slightly Less Than Perfect" Sale

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
okie folks, I have some mods for sale.. and as the title of the thread implies, these have some imperfections that do not impact the reliability of the light. I am selling them as-is, although I have tested them and they have not failed in terms of reliability. The flaws are stated in the description of each light.

Solarforce MC-E upgraded Pro1 - $85 shipped to US/UK/AU

Originally an XR-E that I converted into a MC-E for more power. This light dissipates the extra heat well thanks to the thermal mass of the head. Converter was changed to a 2.8A AMC based converter and the light now has a maximum operating voltage of 6V. Use with 18650 li-ion only. Includes Solarforce L2 battery tube, Forward clicky HA tailcap. No P60 bezel: you get the Pro1 bezel as part of this kit.

Two light levels, max blast and low.

The flaw is that an accident with cyanoacrylate superglue left half the dome covered in glue. My gut feel was to let it dry CLEAR rather than try to rub it off (which would leave a frosted finish), and I was correct. It didn't produce significant artifacts.

So why does this light have huge artifacts anyway.. I think it has something to do with the smooth reflector. At the end of the day after going back and forth I eventually managed to get an optimal position for the focus, although it has the MC-E cloverleaf shape in the center and some rings. If you are actually looking at things beyond 5 meters, it should be ok. If you are king of sputtering, you can fix this VERY easily. (bezel unscrews and reflector pops out for your rework)

Bezel and tailcap have a couple of minor scuffs as the light has rolled off a table once (despite the antiroll in the tailcap..!)

Handcrafted SSC P7 dropin - $50 shipped to US/UK/AU

AMC converter, full 2.8A. Near perfect except emitter is not epoxied in place. Head is threadlocked to secure emitter. Like the Solarforce, runs on single 18650 only or 17670 (tested). Tested compatible with Surefire C2, 6P and Solarforce L2. Remove spring for Surefire use.

Flaw: slight donut hole (dark cross). Quite slight, hence 'near perfect'. Best I could do. Nothing else about this one, I kinda like it.

The specks on the rim you see are from the factory - the coating is inconsistent on the rim because that part's not in the optical path and doesn't affect the beam. It isn't rust. Yes I did a double take myself :)

Handcrafted XPG dropin - $25 shipped to US/UK/AU

1A, 5 levels AMC based converter (high/med/low/SOS/strobe). Near perfect. Runs on 3.6V to 6V.

Flaw: slightly less than perfect focus (although the beam still looks great) because the reflector does not sit as low as it should. No artifacts in the beam even though because of this. Star was forcibly cut to fit with tin snips and looks ugly if you take the reflector off. Performance is A-OK.

I had fun building these and I hope you'll have fun using them. I don't intend to build regularly - me and my superglue-stuck-fingers don't plan on going that route again.. I just finished an XM-L after a glue accident... :geez:

p1026101322-3.jpg

p848724077-3.jpg

p983010777-3.jpg

p600487966-3.jpg

p928015189-3.jpg

p605271935-3.jpg