holster recomendations for a C2

leng

Newly Enlightened
hey guys/gals

I did a search but couldn't find a reccomendation for a nylon holster/vertical for a surefire C2.. any help would be appreciated... TIA..

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Sidearmor Kydex holster for my C2, probably the best production Kydex on the market. It can be worn vertically or horizontally, has adjustable tension (wrench and extra screws included) several height of wear positions, is available in three colors (olive, black and woodland camo) and has replacement part kits and additional belt loop sizes available all at www.sidearmor.com.

SHCLC_FB.jpg

SHCLC_BB.jpg

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
tsg68-

Wow, I have and use a nice kydex holster at work, but wow that is got to be the nicest looking kydex I've seen!

GregR

P.S. Those are great pictures did you take them?

leng

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, so many choices to choose from.. can't decide... guess I should go back to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Like tsg, I also own the SideArmor holster (sidearmor.com), which fits the SF C2 very nicely. At first, I was worried about the screws holding up under repeated tension on my Sam Browne, day in and day out, but after wearing it for duty for the past five months, it's held up quite well.

I also have the CompTac kydex holster (comp-tac.com), yet another quality holster that's sturdy and easy to remove from the belt (clip-on belt loop formed from the kydex). The only problem is, it won't allow the C2 to fully seat into the holster due to the metal clip on the C2. Instead, the SF G2Z is a perfect fit (as is the 6P, etc).

Here's a couple of photos of the front and back of the Comp-Tac (Left) and SideArmor holsters (Right).

fc644751.jpg

fc644750.jpg

Just a side note: Mike from Comp-Tac delivered my holster is about three days after placing an online order. The SideArmor holsters typically take about two to three weeks, and they do advise of this shipping time on their website.

Good luck in your choice(s).

-Jim

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greg, I didn't take the pictures, they came off of the Sidearmor site! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif mine is similar in all respects but the Sidearmor logo on the front has been deleted from the production versions.

DiamondCut2 0, this should answer your question sufficiently eh....

SFLC_P.jpg

Pie, the Sidearmor definitely took a little while as does Blade-tech's sheaths but I felt it was worth it. I really like the Sidearmor and it could be converted to a slip off style fairly simply just by through drilling the top layer of Kydex on the lower set of holes or by heating and reverse bending that lower tab upwards. The thing I like best about the Sidearmor is that theres a reinforcing plate that the belt clip screws to on the inside of the holster, it (as are most of the components) is replaceable too!

I am familiar with Comp-tac and they are small shop fabrications (he even uses woodworking splined t-nuts as the rear fasteners. The Blade-techs are similar and I could make something similar myself ( I work in custom Kydex and concealex too) but I would like to refine it some more. I like the Sidearmor because they took design differentials (like the clips on C2 and C3's) into consideration in the process of designing the holster and it fits very well and is very well thought out (except no quick release belt loop).

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Yes, agreed... SideArmor's holster has a fit and finish that has a nice customized/sized-to-fit look to it. Some of my co-workers have complained that SA's seem a bit on the thin side for a kydex holster, and some about stripped out screws (overtightening) - but again, mine has weathered very well with some abuse thrown in.

I think you're right (tsg) in pointing out the usefulness in SA's design that allows differing light components within the SF line to fit into the holster. A big plus, indeed. Under my own use and EDC in the field, the SA holster has turned out to be a much more durable holster than first perceived.

I forgot to mention that they are both comparable in prices after shipping. Another issue I forgot to mention is that there is a maximum belt width size that these holsters can accomodate. The belt I wear them on is a 1.5" detective's Sam Browne, not the 2 1/4" uniform wear, for which I do not believe either of the two makers make a size for... I could be wrong... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

-Jim