Got my first titanium light and ...

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my very first titanium light, a Mac sst-50 edc, and I now know what the fuss is all about, with regards to this particular light and particularly titanium. There's a certain solidity and density with this little thing, yet at the same time it feels soft and silky in the hand. Plus, it has a silky sheen that just draws the eyes along with the beautiful clip. I would imagine that other high quality titanium lights will have these same qualities. I may have to break down and get me some more.

So how do you guys go about keeping your ti lights in tip top shape and remove the superficial scratches but keep that silky sheen? I'm not looking for a mirror polish though. Do you just hit it with superfine steel wool, or do you have to use some polishing compound like wenol or something similar?

I think my wallet is in trouble.

chef4850

Enlightened
You can use a scotch brite pad to keep it satin. I use Whenol polish (i think that is how it is spelled). I also use a Mr. Clean magic eraser sponge when I clean it. Makes it smooth and cleans it very well.

Chef

carrot

Flashaholic
Ti lights tend to get a nice "pocket worn" sheen from being carried daily. Try it, I think you'll like it.