Next CR123 EDC light?

Niagaratac

Newly Enlightened
So far I have a 4 Sevens Mini 123 both Ti and normal as well as an ITP A1 SS.

I need a few more, one for my wife and one to be static for my travel bag.

So far I have seen:

NiteCore EX11 XP-G R5

ThruNite Neutron 1C 1 x CR123 XM-L

Sunwayman M10R XP-G R5

Part of me wants to just buy another 4sevens in XM-L but I want to expand my understanding and see whats new.

Pricing is actually cheapest to go back to 4 sevens but I am looking for input and other options that I haven't seen.

Thx

njet212

Enlightened
IF you considering M10R R5, i would suggest you to look at Sunway V10R R5 aluminum version as well. I own M10R R5 and the low mode seems to low for my usage. But with Sunway V10R R5 you could set at any brightness level. Even it has moonlight mode if you prefer moon light mode.

carrot

Flashaholic
I would suggest trying something up one level in price and trying something like Surefire or HDS. You may like it, and if you don't, you can always sell it.

Heavertron

Newly Enlightened
I have many of the Surefire single cell lights and they are awesome. E1B is my current EDC.

carrot

Flashaholic
I wish the E1b could fit a lanyard ring though> or can it???

It doesn't have an attachment point for one. All of the narrower E-series Surefires have traditionally had their lanyard ring attachment on the pocket clip and since the E1B has a different style of clip it has no lanyard ring attachment.

damn_hammer

Enlightened
Since getting the Zebralight(ZL) H51w, and Malkoff M61WL, I've been wanting to get a neutral 1x123 light. Sunwayman(SWM) said they'll be releasing a light with a neutral LED. I'm waiting for a ZL SC31w, and/or a V10R or V10R Ti neutral to come out for my first 1x123 light. One of the dealers in the MP noted today that the next batch of V10R Ti may have an optional AA battery tube available as an accessory, so something to consider. Also never know what 4Sevens has in the works, so hoping for a Mini Neutral XM-L.

Last edited:

Heavertron

Newly Enlightened
It doesn't have an attachment point for one. All of the narrower E-series Surefires have traditionally had their lanyard ring attachment on the pocket clip and since the E1B has a different style of clip it has no lanyard ring attachment.

There is an easy solution that i use. I have a split ring on my lanyard, and it can just slide it under the bezel down clip so it works it's way up around the end of the top of the clip near the tailcap. Works great for me and I know I won't drop the light this way.

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
Been carrying my Incendio V3+ for the past couple of months. A really nice compact, lite, bright versatile light.......
I use a RCR123, but it can also be used with a CR123 I believe.
There was an issue with water tightness when the V3+ first came out. Drops of water were able to seep past the O-ring into the battery compartment. Had something to do with the HA coating. Too thin of a layer I believe Ricky mentioned after investigating the issue.
Ricky sent out a thicker O-ring as a fix.
I don't know if the issue was fixed regarding the thin HA coating on subsequent V3+'s manufactured.
If not, make sure you get the proper O-rings. I am sure they come standard with the V3+.

Last edited:

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
I just got the jetbeam rrt-0.... Awesome light and love the infinite adjust... Also get the aa extender and you can use aa's if ur stuck... I really like the light... Another is the sunway v-10r... Another infinite beam light...I have the ti version

archimedes

Flashaholic
I just got the jetbeam rrt-0.... Awesome light and love the infinite adjust... Also get the aa extender and you can use aa's if ur stuck... I really like the light... Another is the sunway v-10r... Another infinite beam light...I have the ti version

JETBeam RRT-0 is really great for EDC use, very bright on CR123 (maybe even more so on RCR123?) but also can dial output down super-low with the variable ring on the new model. Option to power with AA via the battery tube extender is a great bonus, too. I just wish the switch were a bit easier to activate, and maybe no strobe.

Xak

Enlightened
I put my 4Sevens through the washing machine by accident. It ran just fine right after and is still kickin'

njet212

Enlightened
JETBeam RRT-0 is really great for EDC use, very bright on CR123 (maybe even more so on RCR123?) but also can dial output down super-low with the variable ring on the new model. Option to power with AA via the battery tube extender is a great bonus, too. I just wish the switch were a bit easier to activate, and maybe no strobe.

I own Jetbeam RRT-0 for arround +/- 3 weeks. For some reasons i agree it's great EDC flashlight. Here the pros and cons i found so far based on my experience:

+ Pros
  • Offer multi cell option between RCR123 / Primary CR123 or 14500/Nimh/Alkaline.
  • The control ring is protruding, makes easy to activate / access.
  • It could go to super low mode for you who need it.
  • Deep carry pocket clip.
  • Threading feels very smooth.
  • Easy to tail stand

- Cons
  • It does have slight delay for about 0.5 second when you activate it on momentary and constant on.
  • I found my RRT-0 drain my fresh AW RCR123 on 1 week. But some members said it does not have standby current, at this point mine could be defective or my battery is defective.
  • When i use cigar grip and do momentary activation, i found the body is slippery. The knurling is not aggressive.
  • Switch is not easy to activate ( i agree with archimedes, hopefully Jetbeam will makes new switch design which more smooth and easy to activate in the future ).

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a nitecore ife1, should be here in the next two days. Looks pretty interesting.

LeifUK

Enlightened
I put my 4Sevens through the washing machine by accident. It ran just fine right after and is still kickin'

Does it now have a bluey white beam? :) (Just in case this does not travel, some washing powders used to advertise whites as coming out bluey white as if that was somehow better than white. :duh2: )

mjn

Newly Enlightened
IF you considering M10R R5, i would suggest you to look at Sunway V10R R5 aluminum version as well. I own M10R R5 and the low mode seems to low for my usage. But with Sunway V10R R5 you could set at any brightness level. Even it has moonlight mode if you prefer moon light mode.

+1 I love my V10R. Great light!!

OCD

Enlightened
I have an RRT-0 R2 that I've had for almost a year now. As previously mentioned, the multiple battery types, control ring, and over discharge protection made me get this light.

It's been a great light but it will soon be rotated to back up/emergency duty as I have a new HDS clicky on order that will be my new EDC.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won a ThruNite Neutron 1C in the competition they held and besides the reverse clicky (which would be easy enough to change), I would consider it an ideal EDC light. The moonlight mode is very low and ideal for night time usage. I really like the UI and have found it to be reliable so far. Even after a few drops the anodization is perfect. Before I discovered a pocket clip solution (or the lockout tailcap), I left it in my fifth pocket and accidentally activated it apparently at the computer desk. I started to feel a burning sensation in my hip and pulled my Neutron out and it was painfully hot to the touch, but suprisingly, the LED and driver were fine and after it cooled down and a fresh cell was inserted, it functioned as it should. I found an old Zebralight rubber pocket clip in a box of junk I had and slid it on and find it to be an ideal clip, very secure with the rubber and it also adds an anti-roll feature - something I had wished they would have built into the light. The clip can be reversed and then it can be used as a cap light. Here are some pics.

IMG_6057_1024x768.jpg

IMG_6056_1024x768.jpg

It's nice, bright and floody and hasn't acted weird on me yet.
For the price, I would say go for it. From what I've seen, it's a bargain.

Shao

Last edited: