Help...With trouble shooting a Quark 123 tactical

JrVargas

Newly Enlightened
Ok...First go easy on me, I'm a rookie at this....:whistle:

I tried to shorten up an Fenix LD20 I have and bought a 123 body and tactical tailcap but that failed.

So I ended up buying a quark tactical head for the 123 body, got the head today and put a fresh battery in and turned it on and all I get is a strobe and a turn of the head and it goes to low and nothing else. I know that there are more levels of brightness. Am I doing something wrong? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SV.

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help....

I'm not sure about the newer Fenix lights, but IIRC the older ones were legoable. You may be able to get a PD20 body for it.

The LED section would be better for this thread, you'd get a definitive answer quickly.

gunga

Flashaholic

Funny, I though I sent you a PM on this. You can buy a quark CR123 body and tailcap. It's quite hard to find the PD20 body and tailcap as accessories, but easy to get a Quark set.

JrVargas

Newly Enlightened

Funny, I though I sent you a PM on this. You can buy a quark CR123 body and tailcap. It's quite hard to find the PD20 body and tailcap as accessories, but easy to get a Quark set.

LOL...you did Mike...lol I'm just one of those types where a lot of input helps. I do value your direction!

JrVargas

Newly Enlightened

Can I use the tail cap off of the LD20 on the quark body? Or do I have to buy the quark tail cap as well?

DM51

Flashaholic

You would be more likely to receive useful responses if your thread title was more descriptive. I suggest you edit it so members can see what the thread is about without having to open it.

Nicrod

Flashaholic

I tried to shorten up an Fenix LD20 I have and bought a 123 body and tactical tailcap but that failed.

So I ended up buying a quark tactical head for the 123 body, got the head today and put a fresh battery in and turned it on and all I get is a strobe and a turn of the head and it goes to low and nothing else. I know that there are more levels of brightness. Am I doing something wrong? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SV.

Not sure if I'm answering ur question but to access the quarks tactical feature
U need to turn the bezel 4 times rapidly to program the other options.
So if the head is loose turn it tight loose tight loose 4 times and the light
Should flash rapidly and then stop to tell u, your in program mode.
Hope this helPs.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks,
SV.

You need to program the light. Turn the light on and then turn the head quickly tight-loose-tight-loose until it stays at an output and leave the head tight. It will flash 5 times. Click though the modes until you have the one you want and wait, it will flash again confirming that that mode is programmed. Now do the same for the head loose. Fenix isn't lego-able with 4sevens/quark unless CPF members find unique combinations that work.
You tube programming video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtrg1ivqJtg

JrVargas

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys...I got it figured out I think!? So out of the eight different modes I can only access only two that are programed correct?!

cziv

Newly Enlightened
I'm a total newb and know nothing about decent flashlight. This is the flashlight I want to buy - Quark 123 tactical. Are the Fenix lights better? I want a Quark 123x2 tactical S2 and I'm on the fence.

Maybe I should buy a Fenix PD 30+ R5 instead of the Quark? I apologize for posting into your thread but it's the only one I've seen that mentions the two lights I'm looking at. :confused:

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Thanks guys...I got it figured out I think!? So out of the eight different modes I can only access only two that are programed correct?!
Yes sir that is correct! It makes it simple. Pick the two u use the most and voila!
U have them at ur fingertips.
I own both tactical and regular quarks for when I want a
Range of options I use the reg

cziv

Newly Enlightened
Yes sir that is correct! It makes it simple. Pick the two u use the most and voila!

So if I'm understanding you, the regular quark gives several options that the tactical version doesn't?

Thanks!

JrVargas

Newly Enlightened

Thanks much Nicrod...your help was much appreciated!

JrVargas

Newly Enlightened
You need to program the light. Turn the light on and then turn the head quickly tight-loose-tight-loose until it stays at an output and leave the head tight. It will flash 5 times. Click though the modes until you have the one you want and wait, it will flash again confirming that that mode is programmed. Now do the same for the head loose. Fenix isn't lego-able with 4sevens/quark unless CPF members find unique combinations that work.
You tube programming video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtrg1ivqJtg

Thanks man!

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is very easy to program.... I have one of mine set to moonlight and the mode 2 above that and I use it as a light around the house/bedside light to preserve my night adapted vision. But if I need it to be a little brighter (very rare) I just program it real quick in less than 30 seconds. All of my quarks are tacticals, I like that UI more then clicking through a bunch of modes.