Broke my NiteCore D10!!!!

Farnsrocket

Newly Enlightened
This is my favorite flashlight ever! I was putting a new battery in and as I screwed it together, the head just split off. You can see how thin it is right there at the threads.....I am suprised it didn't break sooner.
I emailed Nitecore and they said it couldn't be fixed as the D11 is it's replacement and that was about it.....oh, and something to the affect of stay loyal to our products. :shakehead

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
Not surprised at all unfortunately :( I had the same exact thing happen to my replacement D10 after the first one literally burnt up after less than 10 minutes of use...

My 3 consecutive EX10s had basically the same luck so I swore them off forever as junk!

Hopefully they can make it right for you!

Caleb Wilson

Potato42

Newly Enlightened
That's a real shame. It seems like I'm reading a lot of these threads lately indicating poor support from Nitecore. As nice as the lights may be, I'd never buy one if I expect not to receive good CS in the future. I hope you find a replacement that you are equally happy with, if not moreso.

Farnsrocket

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I didn't know much about NiteCore's CS......I wasn't expecting a warranty replacement or fix but I can't believe they don't have a spare D10 head I could buy.
I put this in the Failure thread.
I did actually fix this, and although it's a little ghetto, it works and its a functioning light again! :thumbsup:
Pics to follow!

Farnsrocket

Newly Enlightened
One to fix?

So, at first, I clamped it together and JB Welded the seam.

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

This worked for a few days, then I reached in my pocket to get it and found it cracked apart! :mad:

So I basically JB Welded it together again but used a spring steel hose clamp to provide the structure and support to hold it together. I still need to grind down the tabs. This is very solid now!

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice fix, it's always good to see a broken light brought back to life again.

On the Nitecore CS issue, I had incredibly good service from them about 6 months ago. I broke my D10 trying to mod it and destroyed a component on the driver. I was completely up front about how I broke it myself and had voided the warranty and just asked if I could maybe buy another driver off them to fix it, or even if they knew where I could source the component I damaged. Anyway, the guy I contacted couldn't be more helpful, he insisted I send the light parts back to them and they fix it themselves free of charge, when I got it back again they had installed a new reflector and lense as well as the old ones had got a few dust particles in them. Overall it was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had.

Unfortunately after the spring on my EZ123w broke only about a month ago I sent them an e-mail and they never replied even after following up, so I guess since they've gone in their 'new business direction' their CS standards are slipping as quickly as their fit, finish and design standards..

ykb

Newly Enlightened
About eight-odd months ago i emailed Nitecore re my D10 which was flickering badly, and ramping up/down with the slightest touch. They asked me to send it to them, which i did, and a month later it was on its way back to me. They kept me informed at every stage and were generally pleasant.
I posted a video of it malfunctioning on Youtube, incase they couldn't replicate the problems. They were very keen for me to remove it, which i did once the torch came back to me repaired.
Didn't they originally have a life-time warranty?

afdk

Newly Enlightened
That's what happens with poorly engineered/maunufactured lights! I mostly own american made/assembled lights. I never seen that with any of them. Aluminum can only be so thin, stainless steel at that thickness probably would be OK.

Last edited:

purelite

Enlightened
I thought they fixed this problem a long time ago and they admitted they produced substandard parts. They should fix this

pighunt

Newly Enlightened
It is one of the main reasons I do not EDC my D10 after hearing about this otherwise it is a really great light.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thin body defect existed for the first batch only, AFAIK. Looking at the lip of your D10, it's probably the first batch? If you really love your D10, try getting later batches, they have much thicker bodies and bezels, not to mention better emitters. Based on my own experience, I have fine customer service from them and their dealers, they usually respond to my queries after a day or two.

Last edited:

BoarHunter

Newly Enlightened
I have an Nithecore NDI and the head looks to be the same dimensions. I determined the thickness to be only 0.4 at that spot where the groove is. Thin indeed !

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE FIX !
shame it happened in the first place though, considering how many lights are manufactured there will always be an unfortunate few, ive demonstrated my D10 to friends and tried to trash it but it keeps on going
:)

Farnsrocket

Newly Enlightened
One to fix?

I saved a D10 body and head...can't find it :( I'll keep looking, if I stumble across it, it's yours.

I'll take ya up on that if ya ever find em!

Thanks guys, it's still a great little flashlight. I believe mine probably is a first batch as it is at least 2 or 3 years old.......it came out before any of the different LED bulb versions came out I think.
I agree it is too thin there, and I am sure stainless would have worked out better.
I did not mean to totally dog out NiteCore, I am sure they have good customer service in most cases and it sounds like they must have changed the design in their newer lights.
Can anyone ( I am sure you all can!) recommend a similiar light with a click button on/off switch?