Review Trustfire X6 SST-90 OUTDOOR BEAM SHOTS ADDED

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
Decided to Buy this light to compare it to my Friends SR90. I was looking to just buy the SR90 and decided this one would be nice to have if it's as advertized. I will say its very bright more to the warm side then I like but I can live with it. At some point I'll take the plunge and buy the SR90 I'm sure.
Ok this will be to review this light as in Components, Build Quality and some Beam shots
Cost $139.00 Ebay US seller brand new. 3 days delivered to my house
Package contents:
Trustfire X6 SST-90 Flashlight, Grey in color 357mm long, 80mm head size 5 Modes High,Med,Low,Strobe,SOS --- No Mode Memory
Instruction Book
Shoulder Strap
Charger and 3 18650 2400Mah Protected cells
TrustfireX6SST90001.jpg

The strap is nice well made heavy duty has 2 pouches larger one to carry 3 ectra Batteries and some small items the smaller pouch could possible be used to carry a small single Cr123 flashlight.
TrustfireX6SST90002.jpg

TrustfireX6SST90013.jpg

The Light is Grey in color and is made well very nice finnish and anodizing type III Bounced it around in my truck today not a single scratch.
Components that make up the Light
TrustfireX6SST90006.jpg

Surprizingly the SST-90 is very well centered in the reflector.
TrustfireX6SST90012.jpg

70mm X 57.7mm deep, SMO Reflector is very nice Aluminum and not 1 single flaw + very shinny. Head assy has Glass lense Doesn't have AR coating that I can tell.
TrustfireX6SST90011.jpg

Battery end of the heatsink well insulated brass liner and contact.
TrustfireX6SST90010.jpg

SST-90 sitting on a comex Star sitting on an aluminium heatsink.
TrustfireX6SST90009.jpg

The Build Quality is very nice threads are insanely perfect tho they have no grease Well o-ringed doubled on handle sections. Clicky is very nice positive click and functions very well Half press mode change. Can tail stand.

I am very pleased with the Light it's very bright, Well Built Throws very well. The weight of the light isn't to much to carry but I wouldn't wanna tag it along on a long hike without the strap.

Now for the good stuff is it 2300 Lumen I say no, but I also dont think its that far off. Ceiling bounce lights up my whole living room like day light. Compared to my 50W HID it's fairly close to lighting the room the same. I dont have a meter but have one ordered I hope to get some Lux readings on this light.

As stated The Light Has a warm tint the Hotspot is slightly warm with a yellowish corona into good neutral looking spill.
TrustfireX6SST90014.jpg

TrustfireX6SST90017.jpg

Shots against a white - white background
X6006.jpg

Low mode is pretty low
X6004.jpg

Beam shots compared to my 50W HID------ HID on left--- X6 On Right
X6001.jpg

All in all I'm pleased with the light. What I dont like is no mode memory and lack of grease on the threads. Colder tint
It's been raining here so I dont have any outside beam shots will get those as soon as the rain lets up I did compare it to the HID this morning it will throw every bit as far but the HID is slightly Brighter at 200 Yards distance. Hopefully I can get it to my property this weekend to compare it to the 50W HID and my friends SR90 will get photos.

Some size comps with other well known lights
from the left 50W ebay HID, Trustfire X6, Dereelight DBS V3 ext., Kill light XLR250,Tiablo A9,DBS v3 XM-l, Ultrafire G4
Xcomp001.jpg

Xcomp003.jpg

Xcomp002.jpg

Joe

Last edited:

warmurf

Enlightened
Re: Review Trustfire X6 SST-90 Lots O Pic's

Excellent review thank you!! Like many I've been waiting to see a review on this light. Really looking forward to the outdoor beam shots. I've had a SR90 and also have a Yezl 50W HID. The Yezl was brighter as it has some spill, where as the SR90 threw better but has little spill, it's mainly all throw and out-thru the 50W. If this light gets up to 1800-1900 lumens (OTF) then it's a very good buy! It's probably more like 1500 similar to the SR90s. Great work and thanks again!!

Throwjunkie

Enlightened

Thank You Warmurf I think the Light is worth the purchase price. Could be better in some areas but no light is ever perfect for everyone. One man's trash is anothers treasure. I hope folks will consider this light even if doesn't live up to the SR90 it's got a place in my light collection and I'll get much use out of it. Will get some local shots if the rain lets up but my property will be better there is no light there, complete darkness.

Joe

Nokoff

Enlightened

thanks for the review.

At 6A advertised it's not going be close to 2000 lumens.

I would rather they'd have used a fatty body too, that head is nice, possibly a big help with the heat, then they went abruptly to the long single tube. Just doesn't work for me visually.

not for indoor use, very flowery corona, seems common with sst-90 and smo reflectors.

k04s4

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the write up, i've been looking at this all over the web. The youtube video of this with the Sr91 seems to be brighter but who knows how accurate those youtube videos really are.

Look forward to your outdoor shots!!

Cigarman

Enlightened

This review makes me happy that I bought mine. Not a warm tint but still eye wateringly bright. The tube is a bigger feel than the picture would have you believe. This is one biggie of a flashlight. Feels like a club or bishop's mace in the hand. The annodize is real cool looking and is done really well. Lots of aluminum to work with on this thing. I'd feed it AW cells instead of those crappy t-fire ones. Not always the best performance for what they are. Did the lens measure out to 75mm? Im going to get a UCL from Flashlightlens.com if I can find the proper size. Maybe an A/R one would look better :)

Throwjunkie

Enlightened

Cigarman The lense glass measured to 73.9mm measured the inner bezzel the largest it will accept is 74.1mm Your correct the handle is fatter then it looks I am also running AW cells just posted the ones that came with it.

Joe

recDNA

Flashaholic

I'm very interested to read actual lumen and lux numbers on this flashlight. If it can hold above 1000 lumens for 15 minutes it is worth the money IMO. If not then it isn't

Throwjunkie

Enlightened

Will get those reading as soon as my meter gomes in compared to my 50W HID tho its really not that far from it the pictures are what they are the light however in person is another story all together its very bright I am waiting for a 35W MOZO HID that will be in my hands today, will compare the beams. the HID has a well know lumens reading.

Joe

daguy80

Newly Enlightened

Will get those reading as soon as my meter gomes in compared to my 50W HID tho its really not that far from it the pictures are what they are the light however in person is another story all together its very bright I am waiting for a 35W MOZO HID that will be in my hands today, will compare the beams. the HID has a well know lumens reading.

Can you do beamshots with the dereelight xml? Does it have the dereelight 2.5 amp driven pill or is it a different pill? I also have a dereelight with the nailbender xml pill and was wondering if you can test out the lux meter on you the dbs xml.

Throwjunkie

Enlightened

It does have that XM-L Pill and I will compare it to the X6. As soon as I get my meter I'll be checking all my lights lol. I wont be able to go to my property this weekend several days of rain will have me standing in knee deep water and muddy. I will be taking the lights to my local park tonight for beam shots so I 'll post those later tonight or fisrt thing in the AM on Sunday. I gotta tell you the more I turn the X6 on the more I like it. I changed the O-rings out as I always do with every light and lubed the threads. Now if it had memory it would suit me just fine I'll be working on that next. As stated the tint is warmer then I like but it's starting to grow on me. bought a tripod for the camera last night for some Beams so it will be done tonight for sure.

Joe

recDNA

Flashaholic

The outdoor beamshot next to the SR90 or even an MXL is the key IMO. The beam is ugly and green but that's OK since this is an exclusively outdoor light.

Throwjunkie

Enlightened

The SR90 I want to test it against is sitting on a stump at my property LOL my friend forgot it when we were down there last. I gave him a key to go get it but he hasn't gone yet. I sure hope its waterproof as its probably under water. The XM-l I have, and will compare tonight.

Joe

Throwjunkie

Enlightened

Well Last night was a bust Seems it's considered disturbing the peace to shine lights in the local park where I live because there are houses nearby. I drove there unloaded tripod camera and 8 big lights to test, shot the first beam from my Cyclops mod and Blue lights came a flashin. After half an hour of explaination to the officer I was told I cant do that here and ordered to leave. I wish I knew what they feed this Officer he was a big as the tree I was shinning on and so muscular he had no neck. I certianly wasnt gonna give him grief, so I packed it up. I have a place at work I'll do shots at on monday morning will just go in eariler and get it done.

Joe

Last edited:

Chrisdm

Enlightened

The SR90 I want to test it against is sitting on a stump at my property LOL my friend forgot it when we were down there last. I gave him a key to go get it but he hasn't gone yet. I sure hope its waterproof as its probably under water. The XM-l I have, and will compare tonight.

Joe

Holy crap I cant relate to someone that would walk away from a $450 flashlight & not notice... And thanks for the review. I was sooo close to getting this one on eBay too but I went ahead & bit the bullet for the SR90.

Throwjunkie

Enlightened

He forgets stuff all the time, most times he doesn't even care. He has alot of money. I took him to a range to shoot shotguns once he forgot to put his shotgun back in my truck left it laying in the parking lot. We got about 10 miles down the road I didnt notice it in the Bed of my truck and asked him where it was he says O crap left it there, Oh well I'll get another one. I was like are you NUTS. I turned the truck around and did 120 MPH all the way back. Lucky some honest person found it and gave it to the range master, But he didnt even care. I tell him all the time if he has so much spare cash he can hand me some LOL

Joe

Throwjunkie

Enlightened

Ok Here are some quick shots outside my work not the best had to rush to get them in before it started raining the distance measured on Google earth will shoot it with my laser rangefinder also to see how accurate. Lights layed on sand bag on my truck seat. Pics are in order below.
Control Pic.
DBS V3 2.5A XM-L Pill
50W Ebay Flashlight HID
X6 SST-90
Google shot at the distance Im in my company lot shooting across 2 other lots at a warehouse quite far
Beamshot.jpg

Control
beamshots019.jpg

Dereelight DBS V3 XM-L
beamshots016.jpg

50W Ebay HID
beamshots017.jpg

X6 SST-90
beamshots018.jpg

The X6 can hold its own well with the 50W HID very impressive both very close to same size reflector X6 having the better of the 2
Will try again tomorrow provided it doesnt rain I'll get some closer shots 100Yards. I was very impressed with the throw all 3 lights had I think the XM-L may be a bit washed out due to reflections but I assure you it was lighting the same wall as the X6 and 50W Hid just not as brightly.

Joe

Last edited:

Enlightened

Impressive performance from the Trustfire X6. Its good that recently we started to have such good value for money offerings in the market (28 bucks for XM-L, add 10 bucks for higher quality HA-III added in, higher performing 65W HID in feel-good Alu tube form factor with 5000K bulb (higher lumens efficiency) and higher power for just 100 dollars etc). 4 years ago we were looking at well over 4-digits for the big boys, of course I am not mentioning that performance is the same. Since its a hobby and we do tend to collect lights, it definitely helps. :)

Oh btw do you know if the X6's heatsink gets really hot after 10 mins of use? (you have some good stuff to compare with like the 50W HID). It should, if its got a good thermal path to the outside world.
Its still difficult to operate a small light like my Ultrafire U80 XM-L even though XM-L is supposed to be really efficient, need a bigger light to soak up the heat (and able to dissipate it fast would be nice) for longer apps, hence looking at stuff with a bigger mass. :)

PS for those interested, just do a google. I have seen quite a few chinese sales website with listings stating individual levels for the X6. I'd tend to believe that, since the OEM guys do have quite a few such measuring equipment, most of which I have seen in Aliexpress.

High Mode:1625 Lumens
Middle mode : 575Lumens
Low mode : 100 Lumens
(integrating sphere measured lumens)​

Last edited:

warmurf

Enlightened

WOW! If those above figures are the actual OTF lumens, then this light really performs!! Wonder how long it holds it's performance for?...... Looking forward to more outdoor shots...>!!!