How to remove lamp module from a new Surefire 6P LED

papa_mcb

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to pull the original lamp module out of a sure fire 6p LED. When I unscrew the bezel the lamp assembly feels as though it is secured in the bezel. Wasn't sure if I should use some needle nose pliers or what to get it out. I purchased this light to use a dropin however I just want to ensure I do not damage anything.

I attempted to search for this topic for a while and also searched other resources online but every example I could find the lamp module was already removed or just sitting in the bezel un attached.

Thank you in advance for your time.

-Nick

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lamp assembly stuck in the bezel or in the body? If it stuck in the body, just put batteries in and push it out.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're probably referring to KX4 bezel which is made as a whole head. Bezel retaining ring is glued in place but it can be removed with heating/boiling... Once it's loose, simply by pressing against the palm you can unscrew it, remove o-ring underneath and the KX4 lamp will pop out... Using this bezel is not compatible with regular type dropins (like majority companies are offering, Nailbender, Solarforce, Thrunite), however, with some mods you can replace the lamp with Malkoff dropin (and I presume Triple XPG, not sure of that one, but the heatsink seems about the same)... you just wipe that thermal paste off from inside, install M61, use thinner lens (UCL 28,6x1,83mm) so it fits like a charm... screw the ring back and you have your own modded KX4 head... you will probably need to make a copper ring (#12 wire) and make it fit inside the body where battery end is so you have contact... Copper will not harm aluminum since there is no moisture inside... if you can find aluminum wire, even better, for negative contact with the body...

To use everything else, you can look for Z44 bezel and get one... I think HA version goes for around $35 and you can use any dropin inside...

papa_mcb

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses, Tana hit the head on the mark it is the KX4 bezel I will keep my eye out for a Z44 thank you so much.

-Nick

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sale your KX4, and use the money towards the purchase of a Z44 (Empty bezel; They got for about $18 on the MP) and you'll have some money left to put towards your drop-in.