Storage question on Li CR123s

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Now that I purchased a bunch of CR123s from TNR Technical, I'm trying to find a convenient way to carry 3 of them with me to re-stock my SureFire 9Z. They came in individual blister packs, and I'm wondering if I can take them out of the blister packs and toss them in my briefcase.

What's the best solution? Wrapping them each in plastic food wrap (insulation) and then putting them in a zipper storage bag (grouping) is one thought, but I thought I'd ask you knowledgeable folks if you had any better ideas.

As always, the help is greatly appreciated.

Brock

Flashaholic
I would suggest a Surefire SC (spares carrier) either SC1 or SC2 depending on what light you have. Even if you don't have a surefire the SC is a great way to carry 6 123's. It is smaller than you would think holding 6 cells and it is waterproof with a removeable lanyard. Very nice.

Brock

Size15's

Flashaholic
I carry a spare DL123A in a tiny (50mm by 50mm) clear plastic bag (you know the kind you can seal and reseal). I think it was from a shirt I bought and was holding the spare buttons... I suppose I use it to keep the DL123A way from moisture, short-circuit and dirt etc.

Every now and then, when I don't have room for an SC, I just have 'em loose kicking about in the bottom of my pocket or bag. I suppose you could use food wrap - to hold them all together.

I've bound DL123As together with masking tape for grouping. The tape removes leaving no stickiness etc. You could food wrap the lot.

I once saw a small heat sealer device at a sandwitch shop which would be neat. If you get one that can seal plastic like the tough stuff SureFire uses, you'd have a watertight bag. You could seal a flashlight or a cell phone inside with enough space to twist on the tailcap etc...

Wow! I'm gonna look into how much they cost!

Al
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
You want the SC1 for the P style Lamp Modules with Reflectors (such as your P90/P91)

They're excellent. I'm going to be getting more.

Al

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Yeah, but at $15 MSRP, it's lower priority than a couple of Scorpions or a 6P for right now. I'll get one of those when I get around to buying a spare P90. I just want a safe way to be able to toss the batteries in my briefcase or my (jacket/pants) pocket in case I need a refill while I'm out.

Once I do get the SC1, I'll use that, but what would work until then?