driver wiring and the battery connections

yazovyet

Enlightened
So I want to use this driver:
http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-176/**NEW**-3-dsh-Mode-Regulated-Circuit/Detail
I've never ordered a driver so I have no idea if they come with documentation or not.

I understand that:
the red wire goes to the LED +ve
the black to the LED -ve
Then how do I connect the battery? I know it could be different specific to this driver but would it normally be battery +ve to the inner circle and battery -ve to the outer?

I'd like to know so i can plan how i will mount it in the light. Could some one tell me if I am right and if not, how the battery is connected?

LilKevin715

Enlightened
You got it figured out correctly, inner circle is batt(+) and outer is batt(-). I would however double check the LED wires for correct polarity, you never know whoever soldered the wires to the drivers might be color-blind.;)

If you can, I'd recommend replacing the stock wires with some teflon wire (24 guage).

Edit: to connect the battery you would typically solder a spring to the batt(+) or a wire depending on the setup. Batt(-) is typically obtained via solder contact of the battery tube or a wire soldered from the tube to the driver, again depending on the setup.

Last edited:

yazovyet

Enlightened
haha, speaking of colour blind one of my lab partners was one time. asked him to pick up some blue wires and he came back with green without knowing it.

teflon wires are just like a regular wire with a a teflon coat instead of pvc/plastic?

battery plus contact: i was thinking of just butting the battery terminal up against the board. but i suppose it depends on how much space i have... and depends on if i feel that it is safe relative to the -ve contact.

thanks for the previous advice too