brighter edc

Custom

Newly Enlightened
i currently edc a D10SP on 14500 in my "little" pocket(SB has this at 2300lux@1m and 73 max matchbox). i'm wanting more overall output and a bit more throw on this batt.

i'm looking for something to out do my p20a2 on nimh(SB has it at 4100lux@1m and 88 max matchbox) but still fit in my small pocket.

i'm Very tempted to grab the ld10 R4(amazing 14500 #s) but the Charlie Sheen mode and possibility of paper-weight'ng a $50+ light is stopping me(even though i'm quite cautious of heat). ideas?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
i currently edc a D10SP on 14500 in my "little" pocket(SB has this at 2300lux@1m and 73 max matchbox). i'm wanting more overall output and a bit more throw on this batt.

i'm looking for something to out do my p20a2 on nimh(SB has it at 4100lux@1m and 88 max matchbox) but still fit in my small pocket.

i'm Very tempted to grab the ld10 R4(amazing 14500 #s) but the Charlie Sheen mode and possibility of paper-weight'ng a $50+ light is stopping me(even though i'm quite cautious of heat). ideas?

How about a Jetbeam BA10 with a 14500? It runs an XML, might be worth taking a look at. Also check out the Lumintop L1A (then run it with a 14500 too) this one uses the R5.

Custom

Newly Enlightened
from what i could find, there is no XM-L option for the BA10.

at this point i'm leaning toward the thrunite neutron 1a but want to see more evidence that it will be a significant jump from my d10

flashflood

Enlightened
from what i could find, there is no XM-L option for the BA10.

at this point i'm leaning toward the thrunite neutron 1a but want to see more evidence that it will be a significant jump from my d10

Thrunite Neutron 1A is 450 lumens on AW 14500 as measured by selfbuilt. The 1A and 1C are both amazing.

Custom

Newly Enlightened
just saw that, seems like it cranks out the lumens.. anyone know how the 1A's throw is against a d10?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Xm-l will give you tons of lumens, but will be all flood in a edc sized light. If you want throw, go for a smaller led that will be easyer to focus with a small reflector.

Custom

Newly Enlightened
having a hard time connecting the dots between neutron and d10 in selfbuilts threads.. think it could match the d10's throw?

Damn i wish the ld10 was approved for 14500, seems to have a good bit more output and throw

CSSA

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
The Xm-l will give you tons of lumens, but will be all flood in a edc sized light. If you want throw, go for a smaller led that will be easyer to focus with a small reflector.

I wonder if it's possible to offset the floodiness factor by manipulating the reflector or something. i'm saying this out of ignorant curiosity

Custom

Newly Enlightened
CSSA, i prefer the ability to revert back to standard AA's as i live in an area where 123s are hard to find and very pricey. i also don't see the BA10(manu against 14500) beating out a 14500 D10.

jj i'm with you there, how can you argue with 450 lumens. but after digging up pics the D10 reaches out Way better(don't think pics were on 14500 though)

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
the ld10's throw beats all my single aa's. mine is an older q5. i have an L1A on the way. im excited.

Custom

Newly Enlightened
mrpink, that L1A looks good on paper, couldn't find much comparison data though.

flash, i wonder if it could out throw my d10 with all the extra lumens. Also, selfbuilt has the 1A at 240 lumens on an eneloop.. but the layout in the 1A thread http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?311559 is completely different than this http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...XP-E-Neutral)-1xAA-Reviews-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS

definitely trying to do my homework for this purchase, this will be my most used light. 14500 d10 just isn't enough for me out doors, but i also need to keep the size close to the d10

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam are well known for good throw. I think the old jetbeam rrt-0 r2 version will outthrow your d10 with ease. It's bigger than the d-10. But you will need a light with a bigger reflector to out throw your current edc. It might be worth checking out.

The old xr-e r2 is still the best led for throw. If i remember correctly the d10sp has a xp-e r2, also a small throwy led. Almost all new lights is made with big xp-g /xm-l emitter theese days, more lumens, but less throw.

Custom

Newly Enlightened
rrt-0 also seems good on paper, but it would have to make my p20a2 look like a dollar store light, for me to pay $100+

My d10's perfect in every way except output

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
This is a more budget solution, but why don't you pick up the R2 version of ITP SA1. It will best those numbers on throw with a 14500. It will only set you back $35 shipped with the cpf discount. Only concern is if it may be too large and its overall lumen output isn't as good as some other options.