Sunwayman V10R/V10R Ti?

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loving this light and the selector ring is buttery smooth. However, the clicky switch feels sort of cheap and reminiscent of the Nitecore Defender Infinity switch. I sure wish there was a McClicky switch upgrade for this awesome light. That would make it perfect IMO. Anyone else agree?

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a V10R Ti and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I bought it based on most peoples positive reviews and reference to quality. I'm actually kind of hoping for a let down if that makes sense. I don't want to feel guilty about my more expensive lights considering I scored the SWM V10 R Ti for $129!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, $129.00 is a score. Even at full price this light is a tremendous value compared to other lights at any price. A solid chunk of titanium with infinitely variable output, 123 primary/rechargeable and AA cell with body extender. That is a lot of bang for your buck.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, $129.00 is a score. Even at full price this light is a tremendous value compared to other lights at any price. A solid chunk of titanium with infinitely variable output, 123 primary/rechargeable and AA cell with body extender. That is a lot of bang for your buck.

That price was shipped too! From Hong Kong though.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
senna, my V10R Ti has quite some tension on the clicky. Is yours the aluminum one?

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
senna, my V10R Ti has quite some tension on the clicky. Is yours the aluminum one?

Yes it does and it only feels stiff when you compare it to a McClicky switch which is nice and smooth. Having said that, I have not had any issues with it malfunctioning and probably never will. I just like the tactile feel and feedback you get from a McClicky. Probably because I have become so accustomed to them. It would be great if there was a source of them available for the SWM VR10 s for those of us who prefer it.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never had a McClicky switch, so I don't know what you're going for exactly, but the switch on my V10R AE is probably the most solid feeling switch on any light I have. It's the switch I would vote least likely to break. My only complaint about it is that it's kind of loud, so I can't click it on in the bedroom while me wife is sleeping. However, the half-press for momentary on is very easy to do, so that makes up for it.