RCR123 compatible multi-mode light?

aEx155

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to get a new flashlight to go along with some RCR123 cells that I'm getting.

I know that a lot of light lose regulation on the higher voltage of the rechargeable cell, so I was hoping I could find a light that doesn't.

2 (low-high) modes, forward clicky, single RCR123 compatible? I'm looking for something cheap, around $30-40 would be nice.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to get a new flashlight to go along with some RCR123 cells that I'm getting.

I know that a lot of light lose regulation on the higher voltage of the rechargeable cell, so I was hoping I could find a light that doesn't.

2 (low-high) modes, forward clicky, single RCR123 compatible? I'm looking for something cheap, around $30-40 would be nice.

JETBeam BC10 would be my pick.
I have this light and realy like it for a small cheap light.

Cheers

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I want to recommed a Solarforce L2M body with a cell extender. This one has the Solarforce Strike Bezel and a forward clicky and a Cree R2 5 mode Super Bright El Cheapo Drop-in. Depending on what drop-in you a running, you can use one 18650, two CR123s or two RCR123s. With the L2M alone (without the cell extender) you have a single cell for one CR123 or one RCR123. It's like two lights in one, plus Surefire Z41s and Z44s are legoable with these parts.

DSC03089.jpg

aEx155

Newly Enlightened
JETBeam BC10 would be my pick.
I have this light and realy like it for a small cheap light.

Cheers

How does the BC10 run with an RCR123? I read somewhere that it gets really hot on high, is this right?

swampus

Newly Enlightened
There is a very popular battery website (I gather that we're not supposed to name specific vendors??) that currently has the Novatac Storm on special for $39.95. With a fairly simple hack, it's fully programmable. It's not a HDS/Ra, but it's probably one of the better deals available for under $40.

PCS

Newly Enlightened
How does the BC10 run with an RCR123? I read somewhere that it gets really hot on high, is this right?

I haven't tried the light, but I did see some discussion about it in the CPFM Dealers' Corner subforum:
just heard back from Jetbeam and they said yes to Rcr123a

Ok so I stuffed an AW RCR123 4.2 volt in the BC10. At first, it didn't work. I thought I fried it:eek:. Nope it turns out that the + will not make contact with the head because of the polarity protection plastic piece. Lucky I have a small neo magnet that I use to charge my flat tops with so I used this to make the contact. I would say with the 4.2v this light can reach the 270 lumens. With a standard CR123, this light at the tail draws 1.3A. With the RCR123 I test 1.7A with a fresh battery. The only problem with the use of RCR123 is the low mode to me, doubles. No more 30L more like 60L. Very bright with the RCR123, but again no more "low" mode. Still a great light!!

I suppose 1.7A might be a bit much. After comparing against other 123 lights actually the low with an RCR123 is brighter than I originally thought. In fact it may be as bright as the high mode with a primary. Still I really like this light and I guess I needed it to burn up all those primaries I have sitting around.:)
Rocled had some issues with an AW RCR123. He resolved them with a magnet. I didn't see any discussion about heat. It's a cheap light, however, so I wouldn't be surprised if you'd have to play "human heatsink".

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the following reply from [email protected].

Dear customer,
Thanks for supporting with jetbeam.
Generally,we do not suggest using rechargeable li-ion battery. As the size of the BA10 and BC10 are so small that the heat dissipation function is limitted.So condering the stability and durability,
we suggest to use the nonrechargeable battery.

Information Center

I'd recommend you not to use 3.7v li-ion RCR123A cell to BC10. You can see Selfbuilt's review on BC10.

If you can buy a P60 module you want, I would like you to get [L2m-DIYMiniS7 BODY].
It's a small host body for using one CR123A or 16340.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite Nuetron 1c handles an rcr123 just fine, warms up a little quicker on the imr16340 as compared to regular rcr123's

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a very popular battery website (I gather that we're not supposed to name specific vendors??) that currently has the Novatac Storm on special for $39.95. With a fairly simple hack, it's fully programmable. It's not a HDS/Ra, but it's probably one of the better deals available for under $40.

some venders it's aloud to name, as long as there legit and your not attempting to advertise for them. Could just tell people that it's posted in the good deals section of the CPF marketplace :thumbsup:
I'd never heard of batterystation

That sounds like a wicked deal

Last edited: