Dereelight 1SM-1 WC Q5 ... still the best available thrower?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I've had this Dereelight DBS V2 for sometime now, and it seems that this is still my best light for throw. I have a smooth reflector in it.
I've got lights that are brighter (TurboX, G5, S12, etc.), but none that throw like this one.

Is there something out there in the $100 or so price range that throws better? I don't mean a build or "if you can find a ... on the CPFMP..." but something around the same size that is pure throw that could be ordered right away for immediate gratification?

Last edited:

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure that the Tiablo A10, in the single stage mode, has a higher lux rating then the Dereelight DBS v3. In Selfbuilts A10G reveiw he gave the Tiablo a lux of about 35,000 and the Dereelight just under 30,000.

Last edited:

Darvis

Enlightened
Put the Dereelight XM-L pill in there and I think you might like what you see.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
Yes I do have the XM-L pill as well. Overall the light is brighter, about 600 lumens, but the throw is a little less. Although very good, about 27,000 lux. I do prefer the XM-L.
And Jabe1 is correct also, the Masterpiece pro will out throw the Tiablo and Dereelight. I'm not sure about the price of the Solarforce, but I think it is also the least expensive of the three. Is that correct?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I do have the XM-L pill as well. Overall the light is brighter, about 600 lumens, but the throw is a little less. Although very good, about 27,000 lux. I do prefer the XM-L.
\
indeed I have both the DBS in XPG/XML and the Soalrforce Pro-1...before modding it I measured about 48-49000 lux IIRC

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys! I checked out the Tiablo, and now on to check out solarforce. Of course, being a flashaholic, I did just have to pick up the Olight SR91 yesturday, but something smaller would be nice.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
There is another light package that will out throw even the Masterpiece pro, but I haven't mentioned it earlier because it is more costly then the $100 price range that you mentioned. It would probably be over $150
Use the Lumapower D mini VX ultra, with the optional Turbo Force head, and use the R2 pill, for maximum throw. I've heard Lux ratings of close to 60,000 for this setup. I do have this package and it is an impressive thrower, using a single 18650 cell.

Last edited: