Anybody still installing McClickies into Surefire tailcaps ?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Showing my age I guess; does anybody still do this ?

I would be interested in a service, or perhaps there is a good CPF tutorial (without broken pic links) that I haven't dug up yet.

Candidates on my end are two 'twisties'; a Surefire Z41 tailcap and/or a comparable Nitrolon model.
Furthermore, I actually need to purchase two additional spare McC's for other applications.

Best regards,

Last edited:

Ocelot808

Enlightened
IIRC Vinh at Skylumen had a few McClicky converted SF tailcaps on his site. He's got a few Frankenstein modded SF lights and parts.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Thx for the information; looks like OR is out of stock on the kits, not sure about when or even if they would restock something that historical. Also, thx for the tip but I didn't come across those; perhaps they are no longer available @ Vinh.

I guess I'll do a WTB here, but am now thinking that ship may have sailed years ago. :-/

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Showing my age I guess; does anybody still do this ?

I would be interested in a service, or perhaps there is a good CPF tutorial (without broken pic links) that I haven't dug up yet.

Candidates on my end are two 'twisties'; a Surefire Z41 tailcap and a comparable Nitrolon model.
Furthermore, I actually need to purchase two additional spare McC's for other applications.

Best regards,
Ask @scout24. He loaned me his C2 with a McClicky he installed for a test drive. He can probably walk you through the process.

I'm still installing McClickies, but I'm an old timer myself. Oveready is out of stock, but Illumn has them under the "body's, bezels, parts, and drop-ins" category. If you search by brands, it will be under "EDCPlus."

Last edited:

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Personally I would spare the original SF twisties the and purchase an entire tailcap (clicky version on the right);

WCMD2-2.jpg

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought McClickies along with the brass OR adapters on Amazon. Installation involves removing the twisty guts and replacing everything with what came with the kit. That's the easiest way to go about it. I can also machine my own adapters as well.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't dislike the feel of McClicky switches but the newer Surefire clickys with the red plungers feel so good.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I'm still installing McClickies, but I'm an old timer myself. Oveready is out of stock, but Illumn has them under the "body's, bezels, parts, and drop-ins" category. If you search by brands, it will be under "EDCPlus."
Thank you for this information in particular; I just placed an Illumn order for a few of these kits, plus a couple of spare switches - since I have recently had one fail via an unplanned drop test. :-/

Thank you for this information in particular; I just placed an Illumn order for a few of these kits, plus a couple of spare switches - since I have recently had one fail via an unplanned drop test. :-/
Glad to help. Wise decision to purchase spare switches. They are the only McClicky part that I have had fail although it's very infrequent. Spare boots are a good idea too now that they are only available in comparatively weak silicone. I miss the old hardpress ones, and reusing the Z41 boot isn't really an option.